Author Topic: crater issues - post op results  (Read 2931 times)

Offline trashed

• Posting Member
Hi all

I have been looking at all your posts to reassure myself before surgery but I notice that some of you said that when tensing pec's the nipples don't look quite right, both with Karidis & Levick. I haven't seen any photos of concern but please can you have a look at the video below and let me know if this is the same issue you are having?

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GDdvrttfqsM#t=224s

Cheers guys

Offline about2change

• Silver Member
pretty much. I've come to understand and accept that a doctor (any doctor, karidis/levick or whoever) can only improve your chest, they can't perfect it.

Offline improving

• Silver Member
I had this somewhat after surgery, but as time passes it has improved quite a lot. I'm assuming after a year it should be pretty much normal again!

Offline thetodd

There will always be some light visible sign of surgery under the skin, but you would need to be under lighting with your arms stretched above your head lol.

I tried to take a video of my chest, but its a nightmare getting the lighting right. If i tense my balls off, there is a slight crease on my left hand side but that is ive tried to take a picture but its really hard to get it on the lens. I aplogise for the hairy chest and strechmarks on the arms, been back at the gym and its tearing my arms apart.

Unflexed

Flexed

Im not great at taking pics, but yeah its really not that visible lol im pleased with my outcome. Its not a case of me flexing, and i get a crease i have to put my arm in a really odd position, and the nipple creases a little bit the case in the video is a real case of crater deformation.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline trashed

• Posting Member
I will be very pleased with an outcome like that :D

Offline Stem

• Bronze Member
If that guy got his bodyfat down from over 20% to somewhere closer to 12-15% it really wouldn't be as noticeable. My 'craters' are much less noticeable after 10 weeks post op and are getting better all the time. I think it helps if you work out and are leaner.

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
It looks fine to me.

Maybe your stressing too much. Just keep doing what you can in terms of exercise & healthy stuff. GL.

Offline kingboob

Hi all

I have been looking at all your posts to reassure myself before surgery but I notice that some of you said that when tensing pec's the nipples don't look quite right, both with Karidis & Levick. I haven't seen any photos of concern but please can you have a look at the video below and let me know if this is the same issue you are having?

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GDdvrttfqsM#t=224s

Cheers guys
^That video shows a minor(IMO of course, as severity is all down to how the individual feels about it) crater.

It happens when too much tissue is taken out and while there are ways of trying to improve the situation (fat grafting for example), none of them are likely to make things perfect.

The problem for the surgeon is this: 

If they don't remove everything then most likely the patient isn't happy because their chest isn't 100% flat or maybe they have remaining puffy nipples.  If they do remove everything then you get this cratering problem.

So what you have is a situation where the margin for error is tiny, they are trying to suck out 99.5% and leave just enough to avoid this cratering problem. Then consider that every patient will heal differently + everyone has different expectations of surgery....nightmare.

It is a risk reward thing.  If you have major moobs and realistic expectations it is worth the risk of having surgery. If you have very mild gyne/puffy nips and are a body perfectionist then you are probably setting yourself up for disappointment.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024