Author Topic: Need urgent advice about early stage gyno  (Read 1884 times)

Offline startraveller

Ok, hello all.

So when I was about 14 or 15 I developed gynecomastia in JUST my left breast. Hard gland etc. Really f---ed me up for years. Like 'you guys know', kind of f---ed up. Scared to take my shirt off in public. Finally came to terms with it and it's really gone down over the years (sort of shrunk and flattened to where it's pretty unnoticeable). The right one filled out with a bit of fat but no gland, so I was symmetrical.

The key thing was that marijuana was involved. I was smoking some pot at the time when this occurred.

After years of doing just fine (i'm 23. Probably 18-23 as ok years) I came into some pot about 5 days ago and decided to give it a shot, having thought that I could handle it now. I ended up smoking for two nights in a row due to a friend coming over second night.

My right breast starts burning and is swelling up the day after smoking for two days (as is my left, but no burning - anyway, not much more tissue to add there so whatever). No gland (yet...not probing too deeply as don't want to stimulate it). Not being the noob I was back then, I realize that shit is going down. I give it one day. Next day, sleep in hoping it will sort itself out. Get up and ball up to go to the walk-in clinic down the street. The guy is a f---ing moron and tells me to wait it out - spews some hippocratic oath crap about how dangerous arimidex is and how i should come back in six months. I say that I could wake up any day with a gland and then I'm fed. Luckily he refunds my money.

So that this is the night of that day. Tomorrow, I'm getting some stuff no matter what. It will be day three and I'm f--ing proactive. My life is too short to relive my teenage crap.

My question is just - tamoxifin or femara? Realize that there is no gland yet, just swelling and tenderness. I know the breast tissue is growing in my right breast (it's gotten as big as my left is usually with smaller nipple due to no gland yet). Time is of the f--ing essence here and I'm glad I know what I do and am proactive, but I need some concrete advice.

This is like the definition of early stage gyno here.

Thank you all so much in advance.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Many people use MJ without ill effect but for some of us it is a problem. It seems you are among the latter.

You are correct to presume that things happen in stages. The first stage would be swelling and/or sensitivity. That is where you are now. If the offending drug is withdrawn, The swelling and sensitivity will slowly diminish. The key word is slowly, and I probably should have said very slowly. MJ is stored in the fat and remains in the body for a long time. Hopefully it will work out of your system before actual tissue growth takes place. You may not know your final result for a year or even two.

In the meantime, Self medicating with the intent of balancing your own hormones is a very bad idea. The possibility of getting your hormones messed up even more is greater than the possibility that you will help things.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024