Author Topic: Anyone had Levick leave gland behind? Needed revision?  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Gammy

• Bronze Member
I know Levick is a brilliant surgeon. Just interested, anyone had issues with him not removing enough gland?

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Can't really say for sure. I've had gyne surgery with Levick, and have been on the forums for about 2 years...haven't read anything about him leaving gland behind. I believe with his technique he removes all the gland. (where are some surgeons leave a bit behind deliberately)

Offline Gammy

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the reply mate. I'm a patient of his too. In that stage where I'm freaking out about scar tissue! Was just interested in people's experience. I no way doubt his abilities as a surgeon, just interested to know if its ever happened.

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Np, if you scroll down the page there is a post by "Kieren_22" about going in for a second time with Levick. Might be worth a read for you.

How long are you post op? Wouldn't worry too much if you're only a few months. I'm 4 months post op and i know things are still settling down under there. I never really got any scar tissue which i thought was strange. Only around my arm pits briefly.

Offline Gammy

• Bronze Member
I'm just over 6 months, had no major scar tissue issues until 6 weeks ago! Yeah I have read Kieran's story (no gland leftover). Still hopefully get a few more replies

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
This thread originate in the UK and I am on the coast of California in the US. Even so, I cannot resist putting my oar in the water.

The subject of the thread has come up here several times over the years. Some glndular tissue is always left in place to prevent a crater deformity.

Breast reduction surgery is not like modeling in clay where it is easy to remove or add more material. It is more like sculpting in Marble where if too much is removed it cannot be easily concealed. If a surgeon leaves a bit too much, more can always be removed later.

If a surgeon errs in favor of caution, I fail to see that as a fault.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
This thread originate in the UK and I am on the coast of California in the US. Even so, I cannot resist putting my oar in the water.

The subject of the thread has come up here several times over the years. Some glndular tissue is always left in place to prevent a crater deformity.

Breast reduction surgery is not like modeling in clay where it is easy to remove or add more material. It is more like sculpting in Marble where if too much is removed it cannot be easily concealed. If a surgeon leaves a bit too much, more can always be removed later.

If a surgeon errs in favor of caution, I fail to see that as a fault.

This is NOT the case with Levick, as he explains at his pre op consultation.

Crater deformity is only an issue if the entire gland is removed AND too much fat is left on either side of the 'hole' that is left behind. Levick gets rid of the fat on either side to avoid this.

If any gland is left behind, there is a slight possibility of regrowth which is why he prefers to remove all of it.

Offline Gammy

• Bronze Member
This really was just a question asked out of interest, aimed at Mr Levick's past and present patients
Thanks

Offline flattmatt

• Posting Member
Hi Ham, I'm around 4 months post op with Levick now and I'm worried about some lumps behind the nipple. I'm hoping this is scar tissue, booked in to see Levick on 9th April anyway to clear things up.

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
I had my op 4 months+ ago. No issues so far, it seems he removed all in my case.

He did explain that he basically removes the gland with some surgical thingy.

His explanation implied removal of the entire gland.

I must email him actually.......GL guys.

Offline Gammy

• Bronze Member
Nice one FlattMatt, let us know how you get on?

Offline Gammy

• Bronze Member
Ok we'll it's looking good, reassuring  :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024