Author Topic: Surgery 28/08/2013 with Levick with pics!!  (Read 19988 times)

Offline Myers

• Bronze Member
Hi, ive just joined these forums and was looking for advice. Im looking to get surgery to sort my gyno problem like most people on this forum. However I dont have enough money to do so yet. What steps did people take before surgery to get their hormone levels checked etc because when i finally get the surgery done i dont want it to return,
Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 12:08:06 PM by Myers »

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Welcome!

Good luck with saving up, I'm in same boat... £800 in the piggy bank so far  :)

As to it returning, if you chose a surgeon who removes the gland, it can't return... Actual fat can still return, but of course fat is easy to lose, just diet. Gland can only be lost via a sharp knife!

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
My hormone levels are screwed mate ! I think I have the T levels of a 90 year old guy (like robbie williams - he has t shots every week).

You most likely have normal levels unless you have a specific reason why you shouldn't.

My surgeon was not concerned when I told him about my blood results/endo visits etc.

---That said - it does play on my mind but I am just gonna keep exercising & doing what I can - thats all I can do.

I did push for T replacement therapy at one point, but then decided against it for a number of reasons.

Get lipo & gland removal & its probably much less likely to return.

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Just had my surgery yesterday with Dr. Karidis and I can't recommend him enough. The whole experience was fine and I am so happy I have got this done. Just tried on a T-shirt and I think I might be able to wear one for the first time in years this summer :) See my before and after pics below.

ht tp://s381.photobucket. com/user/UNITED_LEGENDS/library/?sort=3&page=1

Now it's time to lose my belly.

Offline Myers

• Bronze Member
Welcome!

Good luck with saving up, I'm in same boat... £800 in the piggy bank so far  :)

As to it returning, if you chose a surgeon who removes the gland, it can't return... Actual fat can still return, but of course fat is easy to lose, just diet. Gland can only be lost via a sharp knife!

Cheers Donut, ive been keeping an eye on your thread, good luck with saving. Im considering getting the BMI card healthcare finance option because i want this gone sooner and just reading everyones threads on here has made me quite impatient aha.

My hormone levels are screwed mate ! I think I have the T levels of a 90 year old guy (like robbie williams - he has t shots every week).

You most likely have normal levels unless you have a specific reason why you shouldn't.

My surgeon was not concerned when I told him about my blood results/endo visits etc.

---That said - it does play on my mind but I am just gonna keep exercising & doing what I can - thats all I can do.

I did push for T replacement therapy at one point, but then decided against it for a number of reasons.

Get lipo & gland removal & its probably much less likely to return.

Thanks Tpuk, that sounds grim, have you had the surgery then? I'm a bit concerned because my brothers suffer from the same thing so we must have bad gyno genes :(. Gonna go to the doctors and see if i can get some tests done.

Just had my surgery yesterday with Dr. Karidis and I can't recommend him enough. The whole experience was fine and I am so happy I have got this done. Just tried on a T-shirt and I think I might be able to wear one for the first time in years this summer :) See my before and after pics below.

ht tp://s381.photobucket. com/user/UNITED_LEGENDS/library/?sort=3&page=1

Now it's time to lose my belly.

Cheers for the reply Bain of my life. I cant view the photo apparently but i cant wait till i can wear a tshirt, a bit gutted im gonna have to wait a while longer, i just want to be post op. Guess i have to be patient though. Im either going to go with Levick or Karidis like most people in the uk section.

Offline mike93

• Bronze Member
You should definitely go with Levick or Karidis. It's better to spend more money and get the best results. I had my surgery with Levick 3 weeks ago and I'm so happy with the results at the moment. I thought before the surgery that I'd keep thinking about the £4000 and what I could have used it for but I haven't even thought about it once. Trust me, it's worth every last penny. I would have paid £10000 if I had to.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Unfortunately credit isn't an option for me... So it's piggy-bank stuffing all the way!

Offline Myers

• Bronze Member
You should definitely go with Levick or Karidis. It's better to spend more money and get the best results. I had my surgery with Levick 3 weeks ago and I'm so happy with the results at the moment. I thought before the surgery that I'd keep thinking about the £4000 and what I could have used it for but I haven't even thought about it once. Trust me, it's worth every last penny. I would have paid £10000 if I had to.

I completely agree with you, im happy to pay the 4,000 tbh. My parents were trying to get me to go through the NHS but I'd rather pay the money for a job done right, plus chances are slim that id even be able to get it done through the NHS.

Unfortunately credit isn't an option for me... So it's piggy-bank stuffing all the way!
That sucks, it'll be all the sweeter in the end though, when you have raised enough.

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Yeah mate, I have only heard good things about Levick and Karidis although obviously I may be a bit bias because I had the surgery with Karidis. I think the most amazing thing is that you go from receiving the sedation to waking up in the recovery theater and boom, your chest is flat. I literally have no recollection of anything between these two rooms but in the space of 30-45 mins the condition that has been holding me back the last 10 years was gone :D

Offline mike93

• Bronze Member

I completely agree with you, im happy to pay the 4,000 tbh. My parents were trying to get me to go through the NHS but I'd rather pay the money for a job done right, plus chances are slim that id even be able to get it done through the NHS.

That sucks, it'll be all the sweeter in the end though, when you have raised enough.

My dad tried to do the same with me. He told me to keep trying with the NHS but I went ahead and booked and did it privately anyway. My money, my choice I told him. I've only ever heard but stuff about the NHS gynecomastia surgeries. I'd rather not get butchered by them and get it done by someone who's going to do it properly.

Offline Myers

• Bronze Member
Yeah mate, I have only heard good things about Levick and Karidis although obviously I may be a bit bias because I had the surgery with Karidis. I think the most amazing thing is that you go from receiving the sedation to waking up in the recovery theater and boom, your chest is flat. I literally have no recollection of anything between these two rooms but in the space of 30-45 mins the condition that has been holding me back the last 10 years was gone :D

I can't begin to imagine the relief and everything that goes with it. I've had some experience with GA though because I had my appendix out a couple of years ago and it was surreal being told to count to 10 then waking up like 6 hours later in the recovery room. I Just want to be in that position right now.

My dad tried to do the same with me. He told me to keep trying with the NHS but I went ahead and booked and did it privately anyway. My money, my choice I told him. I've only ever heard but stuff about the NHS gynecomastia surgeries. I'd rather not get butchered by them and get it done by someone who's going to do it properly.

Yeh, its not a decision that we make lightly either, i mean im not just about to throw away £4,000 on a whim or anything but i think they are beginning to understand that now.

Offline mike93

• Bronze Member
The problem is nobody but ourselves know the affect gynocomastia has psychologically and it's impossible for anyone else to understand that. My dad has huge problems with his teeth and I persuaded him by asking him if he could afford to have his teeth replaced with dental implants would he and he then realized what it meant to me to have this situation dealt with. £4000 is a lot of money and you need to think very carefully before you go through with the surgery but if it bothers you that much, you have to do what you've got to do.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
I wouldn't care if it was £40,000 as long as I had the £40,000 to get it done!!

You're a long time dead; as someone wise said...

Offline Myers

• Bronze Member
Right, started to get the ball rolling, got a doctors appointment next week so i can get my hormone levels etc taken just incase there was anything wrong. I want to get the op done asap but im going away on holiday at the end of june so im going to have to wait till after then to get a date booked in. Should i wait to get a consultation with Levick even though i dont have the money sorted yet or should i just go for it?

Offline mike93

• Bronze Member
Right, started to get the ball rolling, got a doctors appointment next week so i can get my hormone levels etc taken just incase there was anything wrong. I want to get the op done asap but im going away on holiday at the end of june so im going to have to wait till after then to get a date booked in. Should i wait to get a consultation with Levick even though i dont have the money sorted yet or should i just go for it?

Go for it, you don't need to commit on the day. I booked mine a week after consultation.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024