Author Topic: 2 questions. Swelling and indent in the nipple!  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Sari96

So my first question is has anyone experienced swelling around one nipple almost looking like that still have gynecomastia? I have this problem and I'm 3 weeks post op. my second question is has anyone experienced an indent of dished out look with there nipple as they lift the arm straight up in the air?? A reply would really be great thanks!

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
yeh I have a slight indent on my nips, I dont care. but its hard to say without pictures what is acceptable or not - that is personal to you.

Regarding your swelling; I am led to believe its perfectly normal - and can last for months post-op; contact your surgeon for re-assurance, send pics or visit, whichever is feasible.

The swelling can also be a build up of scar tissue in some cases, alot of guys here massage the area regularly to help break it down....... Kenelog injections can help alot if it fails to clear up after 6+months. again I would say - contact your surgeon !

GL.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
I had the same swelling start at three weeks. It almost drove me mad.haha. Trust me, don't worry. Just keep the compression on and try to forget about your chest. Play Xbox or something.

Im 5 weeks in two days and my wife told me today that I look totally normal now. Even though it's a little swollen it still looks fine now. It should keep getting better too.

If you sleep on your side try to keep the swollen side towards the ceiling. I did that for two weeks. I also put the foam back in on the swollen side to give it a little more compression.

It'll drive you nuts if you don't keep your mind off it.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 06:12:16 PM by jay adams »

Offline aidogs

Thank you for this post! I am at the exact same point post op as you and the same thing is happening with my nipple. I've been freaking out the last couple of days thinking I must have done something wrong. Thanks for the reassurance.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024