Author Topic: Karadis Surgery - 04/07/13  (Read 4007 times)

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member
Well I had the surgery yesterday! All seems to of happened very quickly, like I said in a pervious thread, although I have been following blogs on here for a while, I kind of had to forget about it all for a 12 months, As I had a lot on with my masters course.

Ive suffered from gynecomastia since my early teens I think? I didn't even know what it was until 18 months ago, until I finally did some research on the net and found out about it!! I started to read all about oils you could take n gym workouts but came to the conclusion surgery was the only way forward....

I did try rrreally hard to get rid of them, tried loosing shed loads a weight, to the point where it didn't suit me, to smashing the gym, which only ever seemd to highlight the issue!!!

Well I had a consultation with Karadis last april but it didn't really seem the right time, so decided to wait until this summer. I have been in good shaped for the last couple of years, although I broke and dislocated my shoulder playing rugby last January so couldn't go to the gym for a few months, and just as I could again, uni work really kicked in and I was just eating crap and didn't have time for the gym. Subsequently  put quite a lot of fat and it made my gyne worse than ever. People started to really notice and I realised that I had to start watching what I was wearing, it was never this bad before!! It reiterated my need for surgery!!!

Anyway I had my consultation at the end of june and managed to get in for surgery in early july......

Offline Era

• Silver Member
Nice one on getting the surgery done mate bet you feel really good. Read some logs specifically peoples post op woes just to refresh you memory as to what to expect. Pre op pics? Also good look budging the weight you put on and dont rush getting back into the gym. I waiting 8 weeks, could have started sooner tbh but i didnt think there was any rush, my chest instantly felt a lot better the day after bench pressing for the first time, it was very tight before then.

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member
The day seemed to come around really quickly and as I kind of fell away from these forums and didn't have time to think so much about the issue, I felt unprepared and that I had read enough about it all like I did the first time round I went for my consultation.... But then I remembered someone taking the mick out my chest and though no I want to get this done and out the way!!!

I wasn't too nervous the night before, I was more worried about being put to sleep. In bed the night before I was watching tv and then you wont believe what was on BBC 2 at 1 in the morning....human error in surgery!!!!! I couldn't believe it lol I had to keep watching n further to my amazement they were telling a story of how a woman had an allergic reaction to anaesthetic and died, it was that unbelievable I laughed and surprisingly shook it off!

Anyway I got to the hospital just gone 10 and checked in, Room was really nice and thanks to the forum I kind of new what to expect! The nurse came in and briefed me and took my blood pressure and stuff and told me Mr Karadis will be along soon.
He came in as his normal chirpy self, and said he is going to take me to "flat city" lol

He then marked me up with the infamously blue pen and took some pics and he told me I would be a few hours  or so! I have to admit the wait seemd to take forever!!! so I listened to some tunes and waited. The nurse came in and said shall we go down??? I surprised myself how calm I was and it wasn't until I went into the anesthetists room that I got nervous, I could hear my heartrate racing on the monitor lol

Well the anesthetist came in and made some jokes and small talk and before I know it Im waking up in the recovery room! I had a really sore throatand when I got back to my room drank like 2.5 litres of water! I tried to eat abit but didn't manage much. The nurse came in who was really nice, gave me some meds and sent me on my way, it was all very surreal really.

Anyway im home now and il post some pre op pics and post op ones and keep a log every so often

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member
Pre Op when I was abit in shape lol

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member
Marked up!! with a few extra pounds ha!

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member
1 day post op! Pretty bruised!!

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member
non side boob lol!

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member
Nice one on getting the surgery done mate bet you feel really good. Read some logs specifically peoples post op woes just to refresh you memory as to what to expect. Pre op pics? Also good look budging the weight you put on and dont rush getting back into the gym. I waiting 8 weeks, could have started sooner tbh but i didnt think there was any rush, my chest instantly felt a lot better the day after bench pressing for the first time, it was very tight before then.

Yeah it does feel really good mate, although I'm not trying to get too carried away, as I know there is a long road to recovery and I'm only just at the start! Im pretty happy from what Ive seen from what Karadis has done and how it can potentially look so Im trying to brace myself for the "ugly duckling" phase as he refers to, although I know you can try and prepare but I know its still gona be a headf**k!

I'm not gona rush back to the gym, im gona start some cardio after a month and then hit the weights after 6-8 weeks depending how I feel? I need tp start at the very beginning as I havnt touched a weight for over 6 months, but having this done has made me really wana smash it again!!

How long have you been post op dude?

Offline g3579

• Bronze Member
Nice one - good job!!

Was your nurse called Tanya?

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member
Nice one - good job!!

Was your nurse called Tanya?

cheers dude!

well Tanya was the nurse who checked me out just before I left I had another one before hand but she was nice too!

How you getting on mate?

I was sick today when I took my dressings off, bearing in mind I just been for a walk in the hot sun and felt dodgey anyway but that sent me over the edge today, so bloody sticky ha!

Offline Era

• Silver Member
Yeah it does feel really good mate, although I'm not trying to get too carried away, as I know there is a long road to recovery and I'm only just at the start! Im pretty happy from what Ive seen from what Karadis has done and how it can potentially look so Im trying to brace myself for the "ugly duckling" phase as he refers to, although I know you can try and prepare but I know its still gona be a headf**k!

I'm not gona rush back to the gym, im gona start some cardio after a month and then hit the weights after 6-8 weeks depending how I feel? I need tp start at the very beginning as I havnt touched a weight for over 6 months, but having this done has made me really wana smash it again!!

[/quote]
Im 6.5 weeks post op, i have a thread a few below this one. Its amazing being able to walk around in normal clothes and feel confident even though underneath your healing and dont feel too great

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member

Im 6.5 weeks post op, i have a thread a few below this one. Its amazing being able to walk around in normal clothes and feel confident even though underneath your healing and dont feel too great

Your result looks brilliant dude! See your smashing the diet, pretty much what I need to do! Going to ease myself into a strict diet, I would do now but I'm bored out my head as it is ha

Does your chest feel weird at all when your lifting on the bench??
[/quote]

Offline ThinkingAboutIt

• Posting Member
Just a quick question...

Do you have to take off the plasters every time you shower and put new ones on for a week?

or do you just leave them on in the shower and replace them until they fall off for a week?

Offline g3579

• Bronze Member
I think the latter, from what I re-read in the instructions this morning. I'm actually about to go to Boots to buy some more just in case, as I only have 4 left.

Offline Era

• Silver Member
At first it felt tight and i had to stop the bar 2 inches above my chest, i don't usually touch my chest with the bar anyway as i have quite long arms and they are parallel to the ground at that point, any lower irritates my right shoulder and doesn't work they chest any extra.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024