Author Topic: Surgery with Mr Levick: July 2013  (Read 2758 times)

Offline Teddy28

• Posting Member
Hello all,

Currently waiting for my op and I have to say a big thank you to everyone who has posted on the forum.. I wouldn't be sat here now otherwise. Fingers crossed it all works out!

Through advice on the forum and after consultations with the bigger national companies, I decided to meet  Mr Levick a couple of months ago. I immediately felt comfortable with him and decided to go ahead. I particularly liked the sound of his operation technique (through a single small incision in armpit) and I didnt like the thought of travelling London and not being kept overnight in the hospital. Feel more comfortable in a hospital immediately post-op.

Like many I've been affected with the dreaded moobs since early teens (I'm now 28). I Finally decided enough was enough and look forward to hopefully getting rid for good.

Will keep everyone upto date...

Offline improving

• Silver Member
See you on the other side :) i was (still am) 28 when I had surgery with Mr Levick, best decision i'd made. Really appreciate it now summer is here and i have lots of t shirts to wear! Best of luck, let us know how you get on!

Offline Teddy28

• Posting Member
Hey guys

I've just had the photos through off Mr L from the surgery. Attaching pre op photos one by one due to upload limit (think need to be logged in to view).

Offline Teddy28

• Posting Member

Offline Teddy28

• Posting Member
Here's the photo showing removal tissue from op. Quite amazed by how much gland/tissue removed. 100g left and 85g right.

Recovery wise - bruising quite bad on my right (under compression bandages) not so bad left; not really any pain, just discomfort and the odd strange sensation.

Offline ScaredGuy

• Posting Member
Hi Teddy,

Thanks for posting this. I recently made a thread on the forum about how terrified I am of having this procedure. Seeing more and more people with happy results fills me with confidence.

I've just emailed Paul Levick asking about consultations (unfortunately the next Mondays/Tuesdays I can get off from work are 12/13th August) to get the ball rolling. I've come to accept that I either live with gyno or I have the surgery, and thinking of the surgery absolutely terrifies me.

It would be absolutely fantastic if you could could keep updating this thread to let us know how you're getting on recovery wise.

Again, thanks.

Offline Teddy28

• Posting Member
You'll feel very at ease with Mr Levick - he's got a really nice way about him and has done the procedure many times. I think seeing him in person is the best way to  make a decision - I wasnt completely sure until I met him.

T

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Love the photos Levick does with all the crap removed sitting there on guys chests - must make it all the more satisfying that you've had surgery seeing just how horrible that glandular tissue is?... Fully justifies the op not only to yourself, but to anyone who ever has the cheek to doubt how much this awful condition is a very real medical issue, (not just our fault for being 'couch potatoes' etc.) and leads to years of very real trauma for a lot of us poor sods!

Looking forward to seeing your end results whilst I'm busy saving up for my turn!

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
any updates Teddy? would you mind sharing what you did to manage bruising/speed healing and also what vest you used?

Thanks

Offline Teddy28

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

Been quite busy moving etc so not had a chance to update sooner. After about a week or so of  discomfort / a bit of pain now and then, it started to go away.  Now 2 weeks since op, I feel ok back at work etc, perhaps a bit tired as I'm not sleeping great (sleeping on my back has been uncomrtable). No problems with the compression vests really even in the heat! The only slight annoyance is they seem to loose their tightness a bit after a couple days (then regain once washed). 

I'm really happy with the results so far, tops a size smaller fit me well now and it looks so much better (compared to before) with a top on. I've actually really enjoyed trying on clothes in shops, something I hated before!

It's still noticably bumpy and lumpy and there's still swelling - quite noticable on my left, whereas my right is flatter. So there's a good way to go still. I was expecting this though so I'm not concerned at the moment and I'm hopeful that it will start to look good (with my top off) in a couple months. The fact the bruising has still not gone, although it is improving, makes me more confident that it should get better day by day (fingers crossed!).

I've attached a photo of a week post op - not as flat as many have beena week post op but I think this is because my 'rollercoaster' started a bit early and think it is swelling and bruising (rather than fat or gyne). A week on it is better again. I'll get some more photos up in a couple weeks with progress etc.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024