Author Topic: Dr. Fielding, US citizens?  (Read 1753 times)

Offline shannyb

I've spoken to a receptionist and she has informed me that they do not do US citizens because we are not " covered " I believe she said. But I'm not sure I thought US citizens can get surgery in canada. I plan of paying out of pocket completely of course.

Offline gunit101

• Posting Member
yes you can, but in canada we save a couple hundred dollars for hospital bed etc since its done in a hospital. if they still decline you should check out Dr.Lista he is also a great plastic surgeon and is also recommended by members on the forum.

Offline jack.breech

The only reason people still go to Dr. Fielding is because of the cheaper prices. The way that works is that he charges OHIP for part of the operation (the gland removal vs. the liposuction), and that pays for a significant portion of the hospital expenses.

As a US citizen, this incentive is not in place for you. As such, you are much better off going to a surgeon with better technique, smaller complications rates, and fewer surgical scars. If I were you, I would book a free consult with Dr. Lista in a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 08:03:22 PM by jack.breech »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024