Author Topic: Surgery Booked with Dr. Levick - 17/10/13  (Read 3249 times)

Offline JC901

• Posting Member
Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster!

Similar story to most people, had puffy nipples develop around high school time. Wore tshirts underneath shirts to hide it as much as possible, avoided GCSE swimming and anything which involved being topless in public for as long as I can remember. Had a few girlfriends, but it still bothers me getting topless even though they say they can't see it... :-\

Early 20s now and got enough cash to throw at this. Seems like a lot of money, but in the grand scheme of things, what's 4k for long term confidence and happiness? Parents still don't quite get it, but, I don't expect them to!

Always been quite a thin guy, between 10-11st at 5'10. Thought my "moobs" were a result of being "skinny-fat" so really decided to get into lifting & cardio last year. Dropped to just under 10st with visible abs and still had puffy nipples. Started looking for advice online, even went to the doctors about it and they simply fobbed me off by telling me it was hormones that would level out when I was 25. Immediately abandoned that idea and found Gyne.org :D

From here I've found Levick and booked a free consultation in mid-August and here I am now, with a surgery date 17th Oct! I'm excited to get this sorted, scared as hell for the rollercoaster afterwards and just generally trying to prepare for it. I'm okay with stuff at the moment, but I know I'll be nervous in the week running up to it, I worry about everything. 

Pre-op plans: Drop a bit of weight and get up on my cardio just to try and be a bit healthier. I've avoided training for the last 3 months as my shoulder/upper chest has the most awkward pain ever. Going to get that seen by the doc before/after the surgery, as come New Year I really want to get back into it! 165lbs / 10-12% BF is my overall target and I'm hoping I'll feel more comfortable with bulking/gaining weight after surgery as that was one of the things holding me back.

Question: Is there any alternative compression vests out there as $99 seems steep for what it is! Obviously if that's what it takes to get the job done properly, that's fine (it's hardly anything compared to the 4k). But would like to order from the UK if possible in case the sizing doesn't fit well. I'm usually a 38" but small is 35-37" and I think medium might be a tad too big!

Thanks for reading guys - will try and get some pics up soon, even though I hate looking at my chest.

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Hey, good you got the surgery booked. I have my surgery on the 26th of this month. Only a couple of weeks to go!

I would recommend getting a vest from eurosurgical. Just google them they are based in surrey. You can get the hooked vest, believe its number 640. Can't post links on here but you will find them. Best option and was recommended by Levick's office.

Offline JC901

• Posting Member
Not long to go now for you then! Excited or have the nerves kicked in? I'm still a month away and it's like it hasn't registered yet.

Yep found them, cheers for the suggestion. Will get one of those ordered up ASAP. Just wondering if two vests are advisable since I imagine they'll need washing but you're supposed to wear it 24/7 for 2 weeks? Either that or I might invest in some under armour for the time between washing.

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Yeah just over a week. I don't feel much of anything. Part of me thinks, do I REALLY need this? But there are plenty of moments where I think, yes, I want to get this sorted and forget about it! I have it mild compared to some, but it is a nuisance to deal with...

I have just the one vest. I think I will make do with it. I may wash it lightly and dry it as quick as possible if it gets a bit smelly. I just don't think it is completely necessary to have 2 given that they are very expensive (around £60 altogether with posting!). I know some people may get two, so that's your call. I think it is winter more or less now so that will help to prevent sweating too much. I would hate to wear one vest for this long over summer! Then I would consider 2!

Offline Jonny5

• Posting Member
You might get away with one if you have a tumble dryer, though not sure about shrinkage. I've got two and been washing one on a quick cycle every day and alternating as I have to air dry. My routine now is to get up and go for a long walk after breakfast then stick the vest in the wash and wear the other one until after my walk the next day, so I'm only without for about 20mins while I shower (and pose in tshirts :P).

Of course it's entirely up to you but there is something comforting about being strapped in during the early parts of recovery and they must recommend 24/7 for a reason. In the scheme of things what's another £60?

Offline Gammy

• Bronze Member
Buy 2 vests mate. You need to be in one for as close to 24 hrs for the 1st weeks. You're going to be living in them! What's another £60 when you've already spent £4000!

Offline JC901

• Posting Member
Yeah just over a week. I don't feel much of anything. Part of me thinks, do I REALLY need this? But there are plenty of moments where I think, yes, I want to get this sorted and forget about it! I have it mild compared to some, but it is a nuisance to deal with...

I have just the one vest. I think I will make do with it. I may wash it lightly and dry it as quick as possible if it gets a bit smelly. I just don't think it is completely necessary to have 2 given that they are very expensive (around £60 altogether with posting!). I know some people may get two, so that's your call. I think it is winter more or less now so that will help to prevent sweating too much. I would hate to wear one vest for this long over summer! Then I would consider 2!

Yep, I know what you mean! Every time I look at them, I'm like "is this really worth 4k?". But just not to have to worry about them ever again is worth it, without a doubt.

I thought because it was winter I'd get away with 1. But then I started thinking if I just get 1 and I have to go a couple of hours without wearing it in the first week and my surgery doesn't turn out 100% as I wanted, I'd always be wondering if I had 2 vests would it have turned out differently? Probably wouldn't, but I definitely don't want that playing on my mind! So for £60 more, no odds. I'll do a bunch of freelance work when I'm off and make it back ;D

Hope everything goes good for you tomorrow mate! Check in when you get a chance, will be following your thread to see what it's like in the first couple of weeks.

You might get away with one if you have a tumble dryer, though not sure about shrinkage. I've got two and been washing one on a quick cycle every day and alternating as I have to air dry. My routine now is to get up and go for a long walk after breakfast then stick the vest in the wash and wear the other one until after my walk the next day, so I'm only without for about 20mins while I shower (and pose in tshirts :P).

Of course it's entirely up to you but there is something comforting about being strapped in during the early parts of recovery and they must recommend 24/7 for a reason. In the scheme of things what's another £60?
Buy 2 vests mate. You need to be in one for as close to 24 hrs for the 1st weeks. You're going to be living in them! What's another £60 when you've already spent £4000!

Completely sidestepped me for a second that I'm already spending big money! You guys are totally right, ordered 2 and both have arrived already - definitely worth it for the peace of mind.

Offline JC901

• Posting Member
Thought I'd update this as my op is tomorrow! Feeling a bit apprehensive but not nervous as of yet, sure that'll hit me in the morning though. Got to be there for 8am, so I assume I'm the first op of the day (hope he's going to be more awake than I am haha).

Finally got around to taking pics, they aren't great and the lighting sucks but it kind of shows how puffy my nipples are. In no way have I got it as bad as some guys on here, but it's just one of those things that takes away ANY confidence I have with my top off... and Levick said he's done ops on people who have it even less than me, which made me feel better about it!

Pics below are from when it was quite cold, so they look even worse in the summer or any time when I'm not freezing. Also doesn't help that I'm fairly skinny (hovering under 150lbs now).

Will get post-op pics up as soon as I can, assuming everything goes okay... Fingers crossed!

Cheers for everyone who's replied & posted threads, all you guys are a huge help and I doubt I'd have gone through with it if it weren't for people on here :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024