Author Topic: My experience with Levick  (Read 1710 times)

Offline aioros

Hi guys,

I few months ago I discovered this forum and found so many people sharing their experiences. That helped me a lot to make my own decisions so I decide to share mine. I just think is fair trade.  :)

Just so you know English is not my first language so apologies in advance for my writing.

Lets start from the beginning. I always had volume in my chest but the funny thing is that,for a time (around my 20´s, now I´m in my 30´s), I was quite happy with it. In fact, I would say that It looked great. It was a natural, masculine chest. Then my hair started to fall (thanks dad) and I started to use finasteride. This med actually worked (I still have plenty of hair in head), unfortunately this drug can create an hormonal unbalance and even If I´m not completely sure, I do believe that it was the main reason why I developed my gyno or at least it helped a lot. In any case, my chest was getting bigger and bigger during the last 6 years. At the beginning I though I was simply getting fat, which actually I was but....there was something else. It took me so long to realize but one day I noticed I was developing some fat?, excess of skin?? under my armpit. The gyno was already extending to my laterals. Not a nice view for a young guy, trust me. Even then I still though, maybe I´m too fat. (In my worst time I weighted 82, kilos been 170 cm tall). Gym it was. I tried quite hard for years with very little or none results in my chest. Loosed weight yeah, but then I recovered it again demoralized for my overall aspect, very unbalanced due to my chest close to be basically boobs. I think I heard that word once refereed to me last summer at the beach. Maybe it was my imagination? I had enough. I could afford another summer time concerned by this "thing".

As I said I found this forum, read a lot and made two consultations. First with Dc Chambers in London (that´s were I live at the moment). She used some ultrasounds to confirm my suspicions, (Gyno extended to laterals), show me examples of other patients, and explained the operation.
I can not judge the quality her work (I went with mr Levick) but I can explain my reason to decline:
1. She is more expensive than Levick. Not a lot but If you take in consideration that she operates in her clinic in Harley street and sent you home the same day, the numbers don´t add up.
2. She uses local anesthesia, (I don´t want to see that, thanks)
3. Makes the cut under the nipple (More obvious scars)

So, It was time to meet Paul Levick in Birmingham. He had the best reviews in this forum and mine is going to be just another one.

To his favor:
1. He has probably done more gyno surgeries than another doctor in this country
2. His technique making the entry hole under the armpit is definitely a huge advantage to hide scars. Also he removes the tissue completely. Other surgeons leave just a little under the nipple, which could potentially grow back.   
3.He and his team are really friendly.

Today is been one week exactly since my surgery. So far I´m really happy with the results. There is a lot of recovery still but I can start to see what the final result will be and....is good. Is really good.  :)

On a final note I want to add that the priority hospital were you rest for a day after the op is great. Nice people, great food, individual room. I could not be more satisfied, specially taking in consideration that I was on my own. (I preferred it that way cause if I had companions I would not rest the same way during the first day. I know me :P)
Also, one last advice... I could not resist to have a peak the first day after the surgery. That was a mistake. Don´t do that! I was scared for a few days thinking the result was terrible. The body needs weeks, months to adjust and go back to normality. Luckily, only one week later, I already feel very confident and happy with the result and I can not  appreciate enough mr Paul for his good work. Can´t wait for the final result in a few months!

That´s all. Hopefully this review will also help someone out there.

See ya.

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Awesome, great to hear of your experience!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024