Author Topic: Surgery done 02.10.14 with Dr Levick! Now With PICS - Page 2/3!  (Read 8754 times)

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
After many years of being self concious about my Gyno I'm going to take my first proper steps in getting rid of it once and for all.

After reading so many threads on here I think I'll be going to Mr Levick for the consultation. I only live an hour and a half away so that's a plus.

On the BMI health care website they offer a 12 month interest free installment plan. Has anyone done it this way and were there any cons to this that I may not be aware of?

Many thanks
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 05:30:00 PM by FlatAsAPancake »

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
Awesome thanks mate!

It appears that they have updated his website and no longer display the price but instead ask you to contact them. Anyone have any clue why?

Thanks

Offline JackY16

• Posting Member
Hey dude! First of all, congratulations! We all know this is hard, you will be fine and overjoyed with your result as it is life changing! It cost me £4060 but obviously I brought 2 compression garmets which came upto £130 so ended up spending around £4200 all together (plus arnica tablets etc).

Good on you for getting everything on track, gynecomastia is something no one should go through tbh.
Mr Levick is such a great man, he'll put you at ease the minute he meets you. He's probably the best Gyno surgeon there is tbh, anyway make sure you book your consultation and let us know how it goes:). Onwards and upwards!

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
Thanks dude. I've sent them an email about the prices as it was £3.8k on the website now that's been removed. Will hopefully look to sort out a consultation within the next couple of months.

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
Surgery is booked for the first week of October. So excited!

Just ordered my compression vest as well... £9 for delivery seemed to be a bit over the top though!

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
£9 is crazy,

Ive paid it twice now, vest was too small the first time.
Ordered an XL in black the second time, they sent me a Medium is white...

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
Hah hah. Really? I received my order within a few days and it's exactly what I asked for so I can't complain too much... Apart from the price, ofcourse.  ;D

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
Currently led in my hospital bed 12 hours post op. Dr Levick came in earlier and shown me my burger shots. Wow. I think they're the biggest I've seen personally on the forum so far.

I'm happy to upload them if anyone is interested.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Hey congrats!

Get those burger shots uploaded! ('twas I who coined the phrase lol)

Stick at the compression, as much as you can bear for as long as you can bear!

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
Haha even Mr Levick calls them burger shots now so well done!

The last few days have been a real struggle. Keep getting the occasional stabbing pains under my nipples which feel weird. Also I haven't been able to take off the dressing under my armpits yet, only changed them. The day after the op I must of stretched too far as I ripped the stitches and it started to bleed quite heavily. I've only taken the garment for a minute or so since the op so I'm doing well in that respect. Can't wait to put the vest on now!

I've also got a bit of swelling above garment area so I've kept ice packs on that and it seems to have reduced in size overnight which is good!

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member

Left: 300ML of fat. 151g of gland.

Right: 350ML of fat. 183g of glad.

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Congrats on surgery!

Think you had similar amount to me removed both in terms of fat and gland.

Sharp pains - I asked Mr Levick about this, he said its just sensation returning.

Bleeding from wound - ouch. You might someone to look at this, even if its a nurse or GP at your out of hours, just incase of possibility of infection.

The binder is annoying, but once you get into your vest you'll feel a lot more comfortable. Also if you decide to keep wearing the binder on top of the vest, its still more comfortable because you have the vest underneath.

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
Good to hear from you Achilles, hope all is well with you.

I still can't believe that so much came from such a little hole!

Yeah I had my mother look at it as she is a nurse. No signs of any infection and it's all sorted now.

I'm day 6 post op now and I'm starting to feel myself again. I have a lot more movement in my arms to the stage I can put a t shirt on with minor discomfort. I put on one of my old compression shirts the other day to go under the binder which made it a bit more comfortable.

I can feel more pain in my chest today than I could before but I'm guessing that is because the sensation is returning.

I'm due my first proper shower tomorrow which I can't wait for! Then I'll be putting on my vest for the first time!

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Good to hear from you Achilles, hope all is well with you.

I still can't believe that so much came from such a little hole!

Yeah I had my mother look at it as she is a nurse. No signs of any infection and it's all sorted now.

I'm day 6 post op now and I'm starting to feel myself again. I have a lot more movement in my arms to the stage I can put a t shirt on with minor discomfort. I put on one of my old compression shirts the other day to go under the binder which made it a bit more comfortable.

I can feel more pain in my chest today than I could before but I'm guessing that is because the sensation is returning.

I'm due my first proper shower tomorrow which I can't wait for! Then I'll be putting on my vest for the first time!

Awesome. Must be very useful to have a nurse in the family!

I'm good thanks, reached the 'not much to report' stage, albeit with a fair amount of tissue on each side which I guess will subside with time and massage.

The pain might also just be recovery from the surgery. Some people experience a lot of pain after surgery, others (including me) felt nothing at all besides some tightness.

The first shower is a relief indeed. Hoping you have a complication free recovery!

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
I can't wait to be at that stage haha. At the moment I've got hardly any bruising and no fluid build up which is great but I'm sure I'll get some!

Did you have your shower on the 7th day after the surgery? Or was it the 7th day after the day after surgery? Hope that makes sense haha.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024