Author Topic: Good surgeons/clinics in the Manchester area please?  (Read 1641 times)

Offline leo13gr

• Posting Member
First accept my apologies as I am new on here. I am sure there are several other threads on this, but as I didn't manage to find anything, I will give it a shot again.

I would be indebted if someone could recommend a good doctor/clinic in or around Manchester first for a consultation and then for a surgery.

Moreover, how much time after the consultation and the tests should I expect for the surgery to take place?

Thank you in advance,

Leo, 31

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
My first post :D

tbh I would just go see Mr Levick in Birmingham, I seen him yesterday and was really happy with him and the procedure offered to me. Theres only 2 names people will mention when it comes to gyne, Levick is one, Karidis is another but hes in London.

About 3-4 weeks after consultation seems to be the norm for his operation dates.

Your only like 1 hour 40mins away from the centre of manchster to birmingham by train then its like 5 minutes on a bus from new street station (61 63 or x64) they run pretty much constantly during the day.

I flew from Edinburgh, then a train to new street station, then a bus. then over again on the way back. All that for a 45 minute consultation and a peace of mind!
Your journey would be pretty easy tbh, if thats even a problem for you.

Offline leo13gr

• Posting Member
Thanks a lot mate (if i may), very much appreciated!

The one in Birmingham looks very suitable to me. But as we are talking about an "expert" here, do you think I'll have to pay a fortune? Anything near 3K is OK. (For the record, my case seems to be a very moderate one based on what some doctor had told me about a couple of years ago.)

Moreover, is Dr Levick based on some sort of clinic, and if yes, do you happen to know its name?

Once again, thanks a lot for taking the time to reply!

Leo

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
He works in the BMI Priory Hospital, it is a lovely private hospital and consultations are free. I met him on Monday and he is a wonderful man and really makes you feel comfortable.

The operation is £4,060. You have the option to pay monthly using a BMI credit card and have 12 months interest free installments.

He has a website which has a lot more information on it. Google "Paul Levick, BMI Priory".

Offline leo13gr

• Posting Member
That's not too bad then! Thanks a lot for all the information. I'll try to book an appointment as soon as possible.

Best,

Leo

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024