Author Topic: Doctors note  (Read 1683 times)

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
Hello,

I already have a few days off work after my operation to recover but I fear I won't have enough time and I'll still be too uncomfortable to return to work. Do you know if it's possible to get a doctors note from your local GP for this kind of surgery as I'm presuming you don't get one from Mr Levick?  ;D

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Regards

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
I would think most doctors would advise against working if you were to tell them you find movement difficult / painful and that you are taking longer to heal than expected.

Offline thetodd

Your local GP should do you one, tell them to mark it down as post op recovery and not to mention what it is, most people with fear its cancer and wont ask too many questions.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
That's great!

Thanks for the replies so far. :)

Offline Squidge

• Posting Member
Hi Jake, I also got a Dr note and was signed off for 2 weeks after my op.  Like thetodd says, I just asked my GP to put "post-op recovery", which he was happy to do.  To be honest, he was so fascinated as he said I was the first case of post-op gyne he'd seen, he didn't mind doing at all!  I told my manager at work I was having an op but it was personal and didn't want to give details, which they were fine with.  I just didn't make a deal of it and no one really mentioned anything when I got back.  Good luck!

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
Hi Squidge, thanks for the reply. That worked out nicely for you! Hopefully it'll be as easy for me to get one!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024