Author Topic: Before & after Gyno surgery. surgery through NHS {pics)  (Read 4146 times)

Offline leafbradley

• Posting Member
well im one week post op now and just got my dressings off yesterday and cant help thinking it seems like the chest is shaped wierd, not sure if its just me! because im not used to seeing it like this flat or if they took to much/not enough

Im happy but its definitely flatter i just don't want to have to go through it all again after thinking this was the end!

Has anyone else thought like this after op?

what do you think of the results?

can probably take better pictures if necessary?

Offline Danny12

• Posting Member
Its normal I guess I'm flat too I had op on Wednesday. I should imagine you'll look less flat once you've recovered and gained full mobility.

Offline Danny12

• Posting Member
Your chest looks great though and no bruising. When did you have the op?

ha032742

Better pics would help but from the ones you've posted, the post-op result is great! It can take time to mentally adjust to the appearance of your new chest and like Danny said, usually it looks overly flat straight after surgery but over the next few months it'll fill out a bit more.

Offline leafbradley

• Posting Member
Its normal I guess I'm flat too I had op on Wednesday. I should imagine you'll look less flat once you've recovered and gained full mobility.

its hard to tense up but when i do it looks like i could have craters or miss shaped, not sure if its becasue its only a week or so PO.

Your chest looks great though and no bruising. When did you have the op?

It was on the 21st, yeah I have never been a bruiser but I was surprised I didn't have any big ones around the nipple area... but in proper light it was yellow. i have a bit of a purple on where the drains were on my right side.

Better pics would help but from the ones you've posted, the post-op result is great! It can take time to mentally adjust to the appearance of your new chest and like Danny said, usually it looks overly flat straight after surgery but over the next few months it'll fill out a bit more.

ill take some better ones over weekend with out the dressings on nipple and in proper light  and post them see what yous think then... ill get alot more angles

I don't know if i'm just over analyzing because I want it to be perfect. I think once i can get back into gym and  I cut down I will be able to tell better

but I deffo feel better after randoms say it looks good because my lass is obviously going to say it looks ok so I feel good

Offline leafbradley

• Posting Member
here is some updated photos the first two shows the "weird" shape but not sure if thats swelling and will settle down over time or if its cratered or misshaped

Offline leafbradley

• Posting Member

Offline leafbradley

• Posting Member
Additional photos, all took  around 10 days after surgery.

ha032742

Likely to be swelling affecting the contour at this stage, which should improve with time...the result still looks great as I said earlier.

Offline Sid Farkus

• Posting Member
    • My Surgery Pics - Gynecomastia & Lipo on Abs & Flanks - Dr. Delgado, 1/8/15
Everything looks great to me.

I know I got nervous when I first saw my nipples and also the weird indentation when flexing, but both have gotten better as I heal (now just over 3 weeks out).

Best of luck!

Offline leafbradley

• Posting Member

I know I got nervous when I first saw my nipples and also the weird indentation when flexing, but both have gotten better as I heal (now just over 3 weeks out).

Best of luck!

Well I hope mine does! is your area numb, I can still feel pain but when I touch the area its numb at the same time?

when did they say to start messaging the area & applying cream?

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
Looks great, congratulations.

With regards to your nipples being numb, the chances are they will never regain sensitivity like they were before (this should have been explained as one of the risk of surgery)

If you can feel any sort of pain/discomfort when you touch your chest, it is definitely NOT ready for massaging.

All the best.

Offline leafbradley

• Posting Member
Looks great, congratulations.

With regards to your nipples being numb, the chances are they will never regain sensitivity like they were before (this should have been explained as one of the risk of surgery)

If you can feel any sort of pain/discomfort when you touch your chest, it is definitely NOT ready for massaging.

All the best.

thanks! 

No wasn't really told about numbness, i can still feel muscle behind it so im not to fussed about the nipple itself!

No pain just when i move now and again but not when touching it... bit discomfort where i had drains though!

Offline Sid Farkus

• Posting Member
    • My Surgery Pics - Gynecomastia & Lipo on Abs & Flanks - Dr. Delgado, 1/8/15
There's still some numbness in the whole area, although my nipples have always been extra sensitive in an unpleasant way, so I don't know that I'm the one to ask about normal sensation returning (personally, I'd be happy if mine stayed numb!).

Although, I do recall Dr. Jacobs assuring someone on these forums that in his experience most patients regain full nipple sensation within a few months.

My doctor (Dr. Delgado) didn't recommend any massage for me, at least not yet. This seems to be another area where different surgeons have different recommendations. As for me, I'm relieved because I hate even touching my nipples.

I assume you're referring to scar cream? I believe I'll be starting with that after my 5 week follow up appointment.

Best of luck!

Well I hope mine does! is your area numb, I can still feel pain but when I touch the area its numb at the same time?

when did they say to start messaging the area & applying cream?

Goodlooking

oh wow good resuts man..
I had surgery with NHS but the right peck I think he left a little to much glands so now im going through private any questions feel free to message

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024