Author Topic: Almost there...  (Read 1547 times)

Offline MikeSte1991

Hi guys,

Been reading a lot of your posts over the last year or so and thought it was time I started my own. First, a little bit about me... So I started to notice my gynecomastia about 2/3 years ago when I was 20. At first I thought it was fat (although I'm not overweight) so decided to hit the gym pretty hard. Lost almost a stone and a half and as you've probably guessed, still had these horrific blobs on my chest.

This is where I started surfing the web and search for answers. Started reading your guys forums and realised my thoughts and feelings and even appearance matched some of you guys. Although I was pretty sure I had gynecomastia, I bottled it up for a long time. Feared what my family or friends would say. But Tuesday I finally decided enough was enough, and booked to see Dr Levick to get a real diagnosis.

After 2/3 years of this weighing me down, this last week has been a whirlwind the say the least. I had my consultation with Levick on Tuesday, told my family on the night and booked my surgery for April 2nd on the Thursday.

I can't describe how excited I am to finally get rid of this horrible condition that's held me back in so many ways. It doesn't come cheap, but I really couldn't care less about the cost now. I think it's time to start living my life and enjoying the summer!!

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
Well done pal. Not long from consultation to surgery!!  I'm the wrong side of 40 now, wish i could of done it your age

Offline hopetochange

• Bronze Member
Well done!! You won't regret it, Levick is great at what he does. It's a long road to full recovery but worth it!

I bet you are counting down the days now :)

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
Heyyy I've got mine in 2 weeks I can't wait let me know how it goes cheers

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
How much does he charge thank you

Offline MikeSte1991

Well guys, I'm on the other side! Had my surgery with doctor Levick yesterday and I'm back home now! What a surreal feeling this is. Already seen my chest and it looks great already. A bit of swelling but that's expected. I will post pictures eventually for you guys to take a look at.  I wasn't that big, but my burger shots were huge. Hardly any fat, but couldn't believe the size of those burgers! Can't wait for the summer now, booked a holiday with my girlfriend the other night and I'm absolutely buzzing for it. For any of you guys considering this surgery, my advice is to at least book a consultation with Levick. He will not put any pressure on you at all and is one of the loveliest blokes I've met! Also on that point, the service from the nurses at the Priory Hospital in Birmingham were lovely and very helpful.

Right then,, I suppose I bet rest up and get on with my lengthy recovery and prepare for the summer!  ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024