Author Topic: Mr Levick - 8th April 2015  (Read 10853 times)

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
My story is here: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15575.0

Basically, I underwent the procedure on the 8th April with Mr Levick, who was brilliant it has to be said.

My before picture and burger shot and a shot taken today are attached. Today's shot shows bruising around the right breast area. This was the bigger breast in fairness so I understand that. It's all still very tender so I'm letting it get on with the healing process at the moment, it is only three days after surgery. If anyone is wondering I'm very pleased with the result so far and once the swelling subsides I'll have a better idea of what I look like... something more to look forward to!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 02:40:09 AM by wbay21 »

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
Well done mate looks awesome I'm on the 15th really excited now. How was it overall

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
It was good. Check in was efficient, you are shown to your room and given a quick tour of the controls for the fan, nurse call, TV and lighting etc. Later, you are asked for your menu choices and advised to have a light lunch if your procedure is before lunchtime. Everyone was very friendly and pleasant. The anaesthetist and Mr Levick see you beforehand and run through the procedure with you.

Basically you then wait until they walk you to the anaesthetist. Mr Levick marks you up - that was a bit embarrassing but had to be done and everyone is fairly non-plussed by it and just getting on with their jobs. You have your injection and bam - you're coming around and it's all done.

I should have done it sooner.

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:10:02 PM by rotors »

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
Yeah, we're all queuing up - how did it go for you?

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:10:21 PM by rotors »

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:10:37 PM by rotors »

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
Here's a pic from a week later. I have both the binder and the compression vest on to squeeze the bruising away, lol.

Obviously I need to keep it straighter and it does tend to dig in to my pits but that's nothing a few months dieting can't fix.  ;)

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:10:50 PM by rotors »

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
Ok so I have had enough of my pits being cut to death by the binder. It was getting just a wee bit too much so I looked about a bit for a solution.

So far the requirements are to:
retain good compression
be comfortable
be less visible

I have the original binder.
The #640 compression vest (Veronique) recommended by Mr Levick available at ESSSHOP dot CO dot UK

I found that the binder under the vest still cut into the armpits and the vest itself didn't help with those pit areas at all or provide any compression around there, having bulging swelling around the pits wasn't good.

So looking around, there's a post in here mentioning the SPANX compression vest so I have also bought this: SPANX Cotton Compression V-Neck T-Shirt available at Amazon dot CO dot UK product B003FQ4SUY

I would have made those links but posting of links is disabled (yet the button to do it is), a ridiculous site policy if ever there was one.

As I bought two of the #640's I asked if they would refund the other unopened one and they said they would so I'm not too much out of pocket. What I do (starting today) is wear the SPANX vest, then the #640 over the top and then use the binder. This is much more comfortable and seems a lot more supportive so far. As I reach two weeks post-op I'll remove the binder during work days and wear overnight, gradually removing altogether. So I'll see how that goes.

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:11:06 PM by rotors »

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
I wouldn't use it instead of the Veronique vest. As an under vest to the Veronique vest it's working well so far. I feel so much more comfortable today.

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:11:23 PM by rotors »

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
So 11 days later and I still have the bruising quite prominently displayed, this is despite being alcohol free for three months beforehand and not having any garlic or tomatoes while liberally dosing myself with Arnica. So all I can say is thank goodness I did all that otherwise what the heck would I have looked like?  :D

Anyway, bruising is not a worry as it will clear eventually. You can see that the swelling in areas near my armpits are much reduced now and that lines cut in by the binder are no longer there, please refer to my previous posts for information on that.

My nipples have turned a darker colour than normal, they are more masculine now and not the teats of doom they once were, so that's good.

That whole area is starting to look more balanced for me now. This being the second treatment I have had for Gynecomastia, the first being a NHS cut the flesh out and leave the dude lopsided effort, and now the corrective work of Mr Levick who basically (and thankfully) applied his standard "suck all the breast tissue and fat out" routine.

In terms of feeling, my nipples are quite numb once again. There is some pressure sensitivity in parts but overall it's numb and based on the last time I would expect feeling that way for some years to come.

Pain from the procedure does still exist in fleeting moments, sometimes a twinge, sometimes a weird feeling of warmth, sometimes a tweak. Nothing of real note though.

Range of movement (arms/pits/shoulders) has improved but I'm still taking it easy.

Overall, I am happy with the results so far.

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
Feeling amazing today. Movement is less restricted now and most of the tenderness and soreness is gone. I'll post up pictures later - having taken a look this morning there's been a vast improvement in this last couple of days.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024