Author Topic: Really nervous lol help with nervs  (Read 1520 times)

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
Having surgery in 3 days I do have anxiety which cause high heart rate I hope I don't panic just before I go under lol would it effect it in anyway.

I had abit of garlic by accident and green tea.

Offline textilemerchant

• Silver Member
I panicked a lot before going in for surgery last year (knee op) but found once I was in hospital waiting to get it done I calmed right down probably due to seeing how nice everyone was.  From reading this forum it sounds like everyone is even nicer in Birmingham so I think you will be fine.  I didn't even realise when I was about to be put under.  I was asked about my job by someone so was waffling away next thing I know I was groggyly waking up back in the room.

Offline lc98

• Posting Member
You're in safe hands. You just have to keep reminding yourself that these people are absolute professionals, they know what they're doing because it's their job to. I used to suffer from anxiety and panic attacks too, and quite frequently. Fear is all relative, but nonetheless the same for each of us. It's just anticipating the worst.. We'll all be worrying before surgery to a certain degree; however, I think you'll find that, as you probably have done in other situations, you'll become more calm and collected once it's actually happening - because that anticipation turns to reality, and the reality is that it's not that big a deal. Sorry to go on, but I think you just need to accept it, think of the great outcome you're gonna have, and rejoice once you've realised that you've done it and it's over with! :-D Good luck.. You won't regret it!

hammer

I've been through 8 surgeries, 3 of them back (spin) 2 were total knee replacements with prostedices knees, the others same day minor, now if we add all my tooth extractions, almost half of them are gone thanks to diabetes! I am fine after all those sugeries!

Just remember this, you can get hurt or killed, crossing the street, falling down stairs, off a ladder, in a car accident, choking on a piece of food and so many other ways!

In the operating room it will be full of people that are very well trained, work as a team and know exactly what their doing!

Congrats on getting your new chest soon!

Bob

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
Thanks guy for the advice really helped just got to do this loool
Hopefully they could give me something before.
I'll proberly feel better on the day it's 2am here now can't sleep :// been taking my arnica pills like he said the 6c ones.
I'll upload pics when surgery is done.
Thanks again

hammer

You will get a local or general, local you will be awake and that is better and less risky, but general you would be totally out! Either way you will be fine!

I'll be looking forward to the results, remember, recovery takes a long time!

God bless,

Bob

Offline Sports Brah

• Bronze Member
When you think of all the cosmetic procedures that are available, gyno surgery is very quick and simple compared to most. I had more nerves sitting on the plane than I did waiting to go into theatre... it was quite exciting actually!

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
Thanks guys so much will post pics up u have 1 day to go now I'm shitting it haha would be nice if they can give a pre Med to calm you down before

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024