Author Topic: questions from someone traveling from northern ireland  (Read 1855 times)

Offline james66

• Posting Member
I am booked in with paul levick for the 7th July for my consultation and as I am traveling from Belfast am provisionally booked to have the surgery on the 8th.

Has any one else flew over to get the surgery and if so where did you stay. I am going to have to stay somewhere the night before my surgery and then once the procedure is done am going to have to stay an extra night before flying back to Belfast on the Friday afternoon.

Offline mr_m101

• Bronze Member
I didn't fly, but there are a couple of hotels at Birmingham airport (assuming that's where you're flying to). It's only 10 mins on a train from the airport to New Street station then. I got a taxi to the hospital from New Street which was about £7 each way.

Offline textilemerchant

• Silver Member
I'm flying over from the Isle of Man on the 20th may.  I was going to go a day earlier but Levick said its fine me flying in on same day.  My flight is supposed to get in at 10.30 and my time at hospital is 11.30am.
I have booked a night in the ibis at Birmingham airport the day after surgery then I will fly home the next day
That's cost me about 59 quid although I was hoping it did room service but it doesn't so dunno what I will do for food.  Prob nip across to the airport and get some crisps haha.

Offline skelly26259

• Posting Member
Hello there mate, I travelled over from N Ireland myself. I stayed in a hotel called Marriott, its cheap enough and only 5 mins in a taxi to the hospital.  Any questions PM me

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:40:32 PM by rotors »

Offline james66

• Posting Member
Cheers for all the help guys! Was my first post so is great to see soo much response. I was thinking of staying somewhere cheap the first night and then treat myself to somewhere a bit more fancy the day after the surgery. It seems like my movement will be limited so wouldn't mind a place with good wifi and room service to set up camp. Got my flights for £80 so it wasn't too bar! 

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
Nice 1 mate good luck with everything
Enjoy it :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024