Author Topic: PLEASE offer your Gynecomastia advice  (Read 3840 times)

vacantuser

Hi all,

As far as I know I have been suffering from gynecomastia since I was 13 years old ( I am now 20). I always reassured myself that it would clear as I got older . I saw my GP two years ago and he reassured me it would subside naturally however I feel like at this point, it isn't going to. I am tired of this feeling and would like to do something about it!
Has anybody at this age ever actually had their gynecomastia clear up naturally?

I feel the answer to that question will be no... I live in the United Kingdom and I have a budget of around £3500 ($5500) do people think this is a realistic budget and if so could they recommend any surgeons, and which type of surgery they believe is most appropriate for my condition, and what kind of price I should expect to pay.

Many thanks in advance!

PS Has anybody had any luck with tamoxifen, I can't have surgery until September earliest so is it worth trying this treatment before considering surgery?

Offline 8008LESS

• Bronze Member
Hi your body fat is very low so clearly what's there appears to be all gland. Im not sure of other surgeons but I have used a surgeon in Birmingham . Mr levick. He came highly recomended via this forum and he's retiring this year so I took the plunge. He comes out more than your budget by nearly 1k but I think in this case money can buy happiness 😉 I also was struggling with the finances so sorted a loan with the hospitals finance department and it 0% for a year so I'll hopefully clear the balance before then.
Maybe some of the other guys on here can recommend other surgeons 
Good luck 

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:35:24 PM by rotors »

vacantuser

Thanks for your responses guys. I emailed him and was told the standard price was £4390 irrespective of size, I think I could stretch my budget but am just worried that they will either come back or my chest will end up looking worse than before and I'll become more conscious of it. Regardless I'm going to talk with my GP before I have a consultation with him to ask his opinion on the matter and to see if there are any clear underlying causes. 

Offline 8008LESS

• Bronze Member
I too first spoke with my GP who consequently sent me through the NHS for scans and typically they refused to operate. I told them it's depressed me and my sex life and family life was affected by this but they just wasted months of my time. I think the days of the NhS budget for cosmetic have gone. I could be wrong though. 
Hopefully you get something sorted before Mr levick retires later this year. 
I'm no expert either but I've been reading this forum for years and your Gyno would easily be corrected and would stay away for good as long as the entire gland is removed(something the nhs doesn't always do) 

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
I too first spoke with my GP who consequently sent me through the NHS for scans and typically they refused to operate. I told them it's depressed me and my sex life and family life was affected by this but they just wasted months of my time. I think the days of the NhS budget for cosmetic have gone. I could be wrong though.
I'm no expert either but I've been reading this forum for years and your Gyno would easily be corrected and would stay away for good as long as the entire gland is removed(something the nhs doesn't always do)

I agree Nhs would not remove all the glands and might need revision save up more and go for me levick 

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:35:49 PM by rotors »

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member

Totally agree. I did go down the NHS route thirty years ago and had to have it done properly with Mr Levick. If I could turn back the clock, I would. 

Vacantuser, whatever worries you have, and I understand them having been there and being swayed by the NHS GP and surgeon, make a free consultation with Mr Levick. That will allay all of your concerns. I can't evangelise him enough.

vacantuser

"Mr Levick is retiring at the end of October and the latest time he will be operating would be early September.   You could have a consultation on a Tuesday and the operation on the Wednesday.
Kind regards
Gail Levick"

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:36:12 PM by rotors »

vacantuser

Job done then, this Tuesday for a chat followed by the Op the next day  

If only it were that easy! Theoretically I could probably get it done on 1st July but I start a new job on 6th and have relocate over the weekend so not sure it'd be wise to be recovering then. Feels like I won't be able to get it done till September :( . A little bit annoyed that I have to wait so long as I'd prefer to get it over and done with. 

vacantuser

Apparently Mr Levick's patients will be transitioned to Mr Vik Vijh. Looked him up and found that he seems equally qualified and offers the surgery at a lower price. Has anybody had any experience with him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqW6Pk7SzA4

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
Does he perform using the same method as Mr Levick or just use the same as Karidis, the "cut into the nipple and extract most breast and fat but leave some behind" method?

Offline 8008LESS

• Bronze Member
Same as levick. From what I understand He is currently working alongside him and will use the same technique. 

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
That's good news. I was told by Mr Levick someone would be taking over using his method, just this other chap hasn't got Levick's method advertised yet. I'd imagine he will when it's appropriate to do so.
The reason I'm so interested is that Levick's method, to me, is by far the best and I was a bit concerned for anyone else it would disappear.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024