Author Topic: Levick retirement  (Read 7928 times)

Offline paranoia

Hi guys
Ive had gyno ever since I was 14 but only became aware of it in my late teens. I came on this forum nearly 10 years ago and have been browsing ever since here and there.

Im in my mid 20s now and gyno has really stopped me from doing stuff and held me back. I want to finally get it over and done with.

I think I read somewhere that Dr Levick is retiring, is this true? I am aiming to have surgery at the end of this year in december or Jan next year due to me not having enough time off to recover.
Thanks

Offline 8008LESS

• Bronze Member
It is true he is retiring and this is what encouraged me to bring my plans forward. His last surgery will be in September with a view to retire October. He will be 70. 
I've only just had my surgery done and I'm in the early stages of recovery so can't comment much in the subject but maybe other chaps on here can advise on what is possible and how much time is needed before you can do things. 
i think if you have a non physical job then you can be back at work within two weeks 

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:53:08 PM by rotors »

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Hope Mr Levick has an awesome retirement. I find it a shame that he's retiring in a way because he is a great surgeon. Would be great if he could train someone up to be as good as he is!

Offline kingboob

Interesting to know he is retiring. Sad but not that surprising I suppose.  His website says he qualified in 1972, medical school takes 5 years so he would have to be 66 at the very least, possibly quite a bit older.   So can't blame him, who wants to work until they drop!    

I first had surgery with him in 2008 after massive weight loss. I had been meaning to go back to get minor revisions these last couple of years but never got around to it for one reason or another.  

I guess it wont happen now as I'm not sure I would trust anyone else.

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:53:23 PM by rotors »

Offline mart356

• Posting Member
That says quite a bit really.
It would be a massive party if all his happy customers descended on him.......
If anyone deserves an award for making men happy then Mr Levick is surely in the running.

Havnt had my surgery yet, but what a legacy his career will leave. So many men who had their lives changed for the better because of him. Very, very nice guy too.

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Yes he is retiring this October. 
He turns 70 this year, so it's understandable. 
I met him very recently, and it was sad news.
From a more personal perspective, and for those who had surgery with him with the expectation of free life long after care, there is no guarantee that his successor will provide this to Mr Levick's patients unfortunately, although Mr Levick did say he will ask him to consider providing aftercare for Mr Levick's existing patients.

Offline kingboob

Yes he is retiring this October.
He turns 70 this year, so it's understandable.
I met him very recently, and it was sad news.
From a more personal perspective, and for those who had surgery with him with the expectation of free life long after care, there is no guarantee that his successor will provide this to Mr Levick's patients unfortunately, although Mr Levick did say he will ask him to consider providing aftercare for Mr Levick's existing patients.
Did you get the name of the successor?  I assume someone has to take over his 'list' of patients so to speak, if nothing else there may be "repeat customers" that need another surgeon recommending as the hospital wouldn't want to lose the business to a competitor.   

I will have to get in contact before October.  

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
Gutted mr levick is retiring i was planning for november or december after suffering this for 30 years. Its a race against time for me now with finances. Due to cost cutting (trains hotel etc) can anyone tell me if they thought they could of drove home the next day? Its a 3 hour drive but all motorway. Thanks in advance. 

Offline mr_m101

• Bronze Member
I don't think that your insurance would cover you straight after major surgery, but I wouldn't have felt comfortable driving anyway. Being in the driving position with your arms up for 3 hours won't help your recovery. Please don't risk your recovery for the cost of a train ticket on top of a £4k surgery. Have you looked at the BMI financing at all?

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:53:40 PM by rotors »

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
Thanks guys. Unfortunately finance for this is not an option for me. Been scrimping and scraping for 6mths to get this done end of this year. Looks now like i'll miss out on the legend mr levick. Don't want to go with anyone else cos i know mr levick removes the whole gland whereas others don't. Maybe his successor will?  Rotors when you say you felt like shit do you mean the anaesthetic??

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:53:51 PM by rotors »

Offline paul786

• Posting Member
More news I got it from the man himself on Thursday
His replacement when he retires will be doing Mr Levicks revisions so you should still have support if needs be.

I wouldn't drive home the next day that's just silly.
I personally got the train home on my 3 ops to be honest it would be cheaper faster and safer.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024