Author Topic: What cover story to use?  (Read 2172 times)

Offline textilemerchant

• Silver Member
I'm back in work on monday a week and a half after my op.
I obviously don't want anyone at work to know what I have had done but was just wondering has anyone come up with a good cover story?
I need to cover things like why I cant lift anything heavy at work for a bit and why I have dead obvious straps over my shoulders showing underneath my work shirt.  Also it needs to be something that was optional or people will be asking how i wasnt off sick rather than taking the time off as a holiday.
I was thinking saying I had something fixed on my lower sterum.  That would explain the surgical vest and not being able to lift anything and I could spin it out that it was optional surgery.
I cant think of anything better at the moment. :(

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:32:16 PM by rotors »

Offline textilemerchant

• Silver Member
Yes lots of piers and sharp rocks but I'm not sure that story would wash coming from me.   Just seen someone else say a growth removed from under the arm.

That will do me.  

rotors

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:32:27 PM by rotors »

Offline 8008LESS

• Bronze Member
I've just gone with saying I've had an abnormal gland removed it nothing serious and nobody has batted an eye lid

Offline textilemerchant

• Silver Member
Well my plan of using a cover story didn't work.  I ended up just saying yeah I was on holiday for 10 days.  Pottering about at home.  My boss even questioned it and said that was an awfully long time off to stay at home but I was already lieing so had to stick with it.   Dohh 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
"Had a growth removed, Fortunately not malignant.  Everything seems to be fine now."
I cannot lay claim to that, It was posted here years ago and I cannot recall who posted it.  
The advantage is that it is totally honest.  It is deliberately misleading, but true none the less and for that reason it cannot ever came back to haunt you.  Do not tell a lie to cover up something like this. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline textilemerchant

• Silver Member
Yeah funnily enough about 10 minutes after my boss spoke to me, I emailed him and told him had a growth removed and I just kept it quiet from everyone to avoid questions.
He was fine with that so thats good.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024