Author Topic: Referred by GP to Surgeon. What to expect?  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Faisal_VI

Hi all,
this is my first post here.. so here is some background info
Im 34, 6.1 tall, weighing 15.5 stones.
I've had gyno since I was 14. Recently lost some weight and contrary to before, the fat didn't go, I ended up with very obvious breasts.
I've talked to my GP who referred me to a surgeon at the local hospital. My appointment is next week. I've read that the NHS has many conditions before funding a surgery. So the questions is:
What do you guys think I should expect? Is there any hope they'll cover it? or do you suggest I cancel my appointment instead of wasting their time and mine?
Ive attached a pic of my upper body. 
Thank you very much

Offline johnmc84

• Posting Member
Hi Faisal
I have never went through the NHS.  I have been through private before and I am about to go through it again.   If you are accepted I would research the surgeon to make sure they are capable of carrying out the procedure.  I did not the first time.  I was told liposuction would solve the problem.   It did not and I have now booked a consultation to look into getting it done properly.  Have a look at the other posts on the forum.  There is some very useful information and detailed journeys that people have been through. 
I hope everything works out for you. 
John

Offline paul786

• Posting Member
Expect to be told to get your BMI down to 25

I have been told by 2 surgeons most of the best surgeons do NHS work

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024