Author Topic: combat sports  (Read 2542 times)

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
i know it takes about 6 weeks before training in weights but how bout wrestling and boxing?anyone know?
wish me luck im booking my op wid levick tomorrow!

Offline webster

• Silver Member
GEG,   I still wouldn't want to take a punch to the chest at 4 months post-op. Never boxed but I have done plenty judo.

I reckon if I was thinking about competitive judo I would consider it in the next month or so.

Basically you'll know when the time is right.

Good luck,  Webster.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
You can be doing weights in less than 6 weeks.  I was doing light cardio after 10 days and light weights after 4 weeks.  I think i would wait about 6 months for combat tho to be honest.
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline Mugambo

• Posting Member
All the best with the op.
Let us know how it goes!!

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
Jeez, yes it is 4 months now. I had my op around the same time as Webster.

I agree with him. A full on punch to the front of the chest probably wouldn't be that bad, but to the side of the chest I still have some puffiness and deep tissue trauma going on - massage in that area still hurts. A punch would certainly make your eyes water, but more importantly set back the healing process. I guess a lot depends on the degree of lipo done along with the gland removal, and your age and related rate of recovery. If you're a fit thirtysometing with low bodyfat you might be right as rain after a couple of months, unlike a fat fortysomething like me!

A question best directed at your surgeon, but don't be surprised if he suggests 6 months or possibly longer before resuming contact sports.

Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
well levick actually said that he wasnt going to do any lipo at all on me.i have lost about a stone and a half of fat since writing on this board so am looking lean now.i also train 5 days a week in combats sports so would say am pretty fit and plus im 25 so hopefully my recovery rate should be quick with all this in account.i have minor gyne.i still cant believe i wont be able to train for 4 months?!what the darn am i gona do i dont know. :-/

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
well levick actually said that he wasnt going to do any lipo at all on me.i have lost about a stone and a half of fat since writing on this board so am looking lean now.i also train 5 days a week in combats sports so would say am pretty fit and plus im 25 so hopefully my recovery rate should be quick with all this in account.i have minor gyne.i still cant believe i wont be able to train for 4 months?!what the darn am i gona do i dont know. :-/
You could try getting better at it - don't get hit!  ;D

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
A friend of mine who had just the glands removed (no lipo) was back weight training in just over 2 weeks!, he chose to have the incision around the edge of his nipple and had the glands removed that way, so i suppose this way there would be less trauma to his chest than if he had gone with the keyhole type surgery from his armpit area.
He also said that the scar isnt noticable unless your actualy up close looking for it!, but you will definatley need allot longer to heal if you going to be hit in that area.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024