Author Topic: *POST OP PICS* Karidis surgery end of November 2016  (Read 7693 times)

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
I don't normally post on forums but felt I should start a post for others to track my experience!

I'm booked in with Alex Karidis for the end of November and If it wasn't for this forum it's not something I would have ever considered! So a huge thanks to everyone especially within the U.K. Section! Big thanks to Mark and neverlookback who's recent experiences really inspired me to go forward and get it sorted!

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:53:57 AM by williamb »

Offline castro1987

If you don't mind me asking... How much has he quoted you? I'm looking to book Karidis for early 2017.

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
I'm sending this in a club so excuse the typos..

It's around the 5500 mark... but to be honest ithe cost didn't bother me as long as I get a good result!

neverlookback

Good luck mate :) you won't regret it!

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
I'm on the other side! Got some slight discomfort which I think is from the ice packs! Literally woke up like 20 minutes ago from being put out! Don't feel groggy at all!

Offline Chief Brody

• Bronze Member
Congrats man!

Another successful Karidis mission.

You got any pre-op photo's to put up?

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
Cheers bro!

Yeah I took some last night! I'll probably wait until tomorrow to get them up!

Just waiting for my food!! Staff here are awesome!

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
Also think my bruising is going to a lot as the nurse asked if I normally bruise easily :) as it's already coming up! We'll see! Not looked yet!

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
Slept pretty well last night! Got more sleep than I thought I would! It was pretty sore and stiff when I woke up but it's eased with some pain tablets!

Busy day for karidis yesterday he had 5 others in 4 of which were having the same surgery I was! Defiantly seems to be the go to man!

giggsy

congrats bro. happy healing

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
My chest is really flat at the moment which takes some getting used to! It's still bruised so difficult to picture what it might look like this flat without a shirt on! But I love the way it's transformed the way I look in a Tshirt! I know at this stage it is supposed to be flat and will spring out a little... but what actually makes it spring back out? If the fat and gland has been taken what's left that causes it to perminatly push back out? I know that swelling and scar tissue affects this... but are they not temporary issues which when gone would bring back the flatness?

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
I'm not coming up to a week after surgery! The bruising is starting to calm down turning yellow! I've still not looked at incisions! I've removed the plasters from my armpits and will look to remove the others in the next couple of days!

Mobility is coming back... I could move much the first couple of days but now I'm nearly back to normal! Still need to be careful though as if I stretch I feel tightness pulling!

I've added some pictures before and after! The post op pic is 6 days after. I've still got the karidis markings on me! I have showered honest :) I've just not wanted to touch the chest too much!

I've been religiously wearing the compression vest 24/7 only taking off for 10 minutes each day! I've also tightened the vest to the first clips as I think it was stretching a little.

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member

giggsy

Looks good, huge difference

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024