Author Topic: Update with POST OP pics: My journey - booked in with Karidis for 9th March  (Read 4088 times)

Offline mambomerlin

• Posting Member
Hi everyone

I've been lurking for a while on this forum but I've been reading the various posts with great interest. I've finally taken the plunge and, after a consultation with Karidis before Christmas, I will be having the operation on 9th March. I paid my deposit of £1300, so no turning back now!

I'm 26, and although my gyne isn't as prominent as some, it has certainly been enough to prevent me from swimming, taking my top off in public and wearing a t-shirt. In fact, to keep it at bay, I have to wear a t-shirt underneath a shirt to avoid the fabric irritating my nipples! Although it's notoriously hard to take a pic that shows the gyne off in it's true form, I've attached some to this post all the same:

http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=899708616_1410036007433_122_379lo.jpg

http://img272.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=899709567_1410036025131_122_419lo.jpg

http://img234.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=899710377_1410036053009_122_449lo.jpg

http://img169.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=898986861_IMG_20170212_112119_01_122_780lo.jpg

http://img196.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=689898859_IMG_20170212_112127_01_122_600lo.jpg

http://img196.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=898990791_IMG_20170212_112231_122_176lo.jpg

http://img187.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=898992676_IMG_20170212_112238_122_587lo.jpg

I've taken great inspiration from many of the successful posts here - many saying that it's the best thing they've ever done - and I'm looking forward to be able to go out wearing simple jeans and a t-shirt (without trying to hunch or hide my chest).

I wanted to start a thread just to keep everyone updated with my progress, or if anyone has any questions about the process. As I said, I took great interest in reading the experience of others and if I can help those considering the surgery in the future in a similar way, then all the better for it!

Thanks for being such a supportive community.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 08:32:57 AM by mambomerlin »

Offline P.O.G

• Posting Member
Hey, welcome to the forum. You've made a fantastic choice going with Karidis. I'm (almost) 4 weeks post up from Karidis, have a load of scar tissue, but it's the best choice I've ever made, and can't wait for the final result. 

Offline Ndog

• Posting Member
Hey! This makes two of us mate! I am booked in for the same day! hopefully he is his best form March 9th!

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
Congratulations mate you'll be glad you did it! I strangely enjoyed the whole experience! :) my chest is looking fantastic now... 3 months post surgery! I news to post a pic update which I'll do shortly !

Let me know if you have any questions

Offline mambomerlin

• Posting Member
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Well, the day has come round very quickly. I'll admit I'm a bit nervous but hopefully things will go well. 

I will update progress on this thread if anyone's  interested. I found it really useful reading other stories. 

Ndog, hope it all goes well for you tomorrow too! 

Hey! This makes two of us mate! I am booked in for the same day! hopefully he is his best form March 9th!

Offline Ndog

• Posting Member
Hey Mambo, how did it go?
I just gathered the confidence to look under the plasters. The incisions really are tiny and not noticeable. I did get a shock though as both sides look a bit concave and sunken but I am told this will fill back out over the coming weeks so all in all looking well. Anyone else have this look in the days after surgery?

Offline mambomerlin

• Posting Member
Hey Mambo, how did it go?
I just gathered the confidence to look under the plasters. The incisions really are tiny and not noticeable. I did get a shock though as both sides look a bit concave and sunken but I am told this will fill back out over the coming weeks so all in all looking well. Anyone else have this look in the days after surgery?

Nice one - yeah my incisions are very small too. I wouldn't worry about the concave look - as I understand it, this will rectify itself in the future as you say! My left incision wouldn't stop bleeding which wasn't great but it's all fine now. Although there was concern initially, I'm actually going in to see Karidis again to get a check up on the situation. Seems to have calmed down now.

My left side is probably swelling more than my right but this is expected to go down (at least I hope so!). How are you finding the vest etc?

Pics attached for anyone interested:

http://img161.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=321759111_IMG_20170311_101640_122_583lo.jpg

http://img280.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=321757180_IMG_20170311_104251_122_112lo.jpg

This was from Day 2 after removing my vest for the first time, just before showering. Bruising looks quite bad (perhaps some due to the vest itself) but hopefully it will go down.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 01:26:10 PM by mambomerlin »

Offline Ndog

• Posting Member
Glad the bleeding stopped for you. Looking good so far. You have some impressive bruising. I literally have zero bruising which is quite strange. The concave look to one side has improved for me but one side is still sucked in with small crease on the nipple. Should work itself out. Will try post photos now.

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
Congrats on surgery!
I'm 10 months post op and honestly haven't thought about my chest now for ages. It's weird how it consumes your life and one day it just looks normal, you can throw on any clothes and not even give it a thought.

Offline Mr Man

• Posting Member
Thanks for sharing your journey with us Ndog. Your story, along with many others on here has been extremely inspirational for me as I approach surgery myself. Your results look great and you should be really pleased!

I must say that the main thing I am worried about is the possibility of being left with inverted nipples or unsightly creases myself. I was told some years ago that the trade off for surgery is that your nipples invert when you lift your arms up over your head. To be honest, this doesn't bother me too much, but it would if they are inverted when I am just standing normally or moving around with my arms down. To be honest though, many people on here repeatedly say that initial inversion of the nipple is completely normal and that it will fill out over time. I am sure this will be the case for you too so just try to ride the emotional wave that I am sure you are on and have faith that it will all be ok in a few months time. I look forward to seeing your updates in due course.

Here is a photos of my chest. I am 37 and have been living with gynaecomastia since I was 23. It has really affected my life and I have nothing but respect for you that you were brave enough to do something about yours. I hope to do the same myself this year and will of course post photos of my journey too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Offline mambomerlin

• Posting Member
Hi all

Just a quick one here, I was randomly eating tofu and someone said it caused manboobs. Remembered my time on here and thought I'm drop an update

It's been 2 years and 3 days since I went under the knife. I can't begin to tell you how much it has changed my life. To wake up and be able to wear a slim fit t shirt each morning - such a simple thing, but so important for sufferers like us.

I wanted to bump this post in case anyone had any questions about the op or aftercare etc. I've come out the other side now and things are good. Happy to give back and help in any way I can as a lot of members were helpful to me a few years ago.

Offline dk1000

• Posting Member
Hi all

Just a quick one here, I was randomly eating tofu and someone said it caused manboobs. Remembered my time on here and thought I'm drop an update

It's been 2 years and 3 days since I went under the knife. I can't begin to tell you how much it has changed my life. To wake up and be able to wear a slim fit t shirt each morning - such a simple thing, but so important for sufferers like us.

I wanted to bump this post in case anyone had any questions about the op or aftercare etc. I've come out the other side now and things are good. Happy to give back and help in any way I can as a lot of members were helpful to me a few years ago.

Congratulations, glad to hear your life has been transformed for the better :)

I'm also going with Karidis and am booked in for surgery next month. If you wouldn't mind me asking, how long did it take for the swelling and bruising to disappear? How long before you could take off your top and no one would be able to notice any scar tissue? And finally, have you been left with any asymmetry, creasing or nipple inversion?

Offline dk1000

• Posting Member
Hi all

It's been 2 years and 3 days since I went under the knife. I can't begin to tell you how much it has changed my life. To wake up and be able to wear a slim fit t shirt each morning - such a simple thing, but so important for sufferers like us.

Congratulations, glad to hear that everything went well and your life has changed for the better :)

I'm also going with Karidis and booked in for next month. If you wouldn't mind me asking, how long before the swelling and bruising disappeared? How long before you could take off your top and no one would be able to notice any scar tissue? And finally, have you been left with any asymmetry, creasing or nipple inversion? Thanks!

Offline Karidis_Patient_Liasion

Your results are looking incredible.

Remember to allow yourself time to heal, bruising and swelling can take up to 6 weeks to go down and some swelling can still occur after a year. However the Arnica tablets really do make such a difference.

Take your time with your recovery and listen to your body.

Offline Karidis_Patient_Liasion

Your results are looking incredible.

Remember to allow yourself time to heal, bruising and swelling can take up to 6 weeks to go down and some swelling can still occur after a year. However the Arnica tablets really do make such a difference.

Take your time with your recovery and listen to your body.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024