Author Topic: Karadis consultation end of march  (Read 4648 times)

Offline a89dlp

• Posting Member
Hi all

Firstly like to thank everyone for their posts really gave me the kick to finally get this problem sorted, so I will document my journey for others !

I have had chest fat since my early teens and always thought " I will
Just keep cutting and they will eventually sort themselves out" , i have finally accepted it is glandular and the only way is surgery.

Looking at previous posts I have gone with karadis  , any advice on what questions ask ? Timescales from consultation to surgery ? Best hotels close by to stay the night before ?

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
Hey, congrats on booking a consult! You're on the right track to get it sorted once and for all.
In terms of questions, just anything you can think that you're not too sure on, although that can be difficult as these forums do answer a lot of questions anyway. I went in knowing pretty much everything and just wanting to book a date.
Mine was quite quick, must of been 2 weeks? Because you have to stop taking multivitamins etc 2 weeks prior to surgery and I remember thinking I'd have to stop immediately. Although that might of been because I was open to any day, and they'd had a cancellation? It depends really.
I stayed at the Marylebone lodge, which is the cheapest I could find at the time, and was a peaceful 20 minute walk to the hospital in the morning. I believe there's a Comfort Inn around a half hour walk also, but if you get any closer you're looking at £100+ a night.
Hope it goes ok, if you've got anymore questions let me know, and keep us updated.

Offline a89dlp

• Posting Member
Yes looking at some
Of his work I can see I'm in good hands, when you say stop multivitamin two weeks before do you mean all prescriptions or ?   :-\

Having looked at hotels they are abit pricy your right oh well better to be comfortable the night before !

It's been years since I had a general ansthetaia , what happens ?  as in does it fell like you just closed your eyes for a minute when you wake up ?

Offline Mr Man

• Posting Member
I wouldn't worry about the general anaesthesia Ademp89. They put a cannula in your hand a while before the op. Then when you go down for surgery, they give you some oxygen whilst injecting the anaesthesia drug into the cannula, before you can even begin to think what's going on, you are asleep and you won't know anything about it. The next thing you know, you wake up in recovery an the op will be over. I haven't had gynae surgery, but I have had two knee operations and it was the same for both.

One question though, did you consider Dr Alex Chambers for your surgery and are you worried at all about inverted or creased nipples after the op? Has Dr. Karidis said anything to you about this?

Best of luck.

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
Yes looking at some
Of his work I can see I'm in good hands, when you say stop multivitamin two weeks before do you mean all prescriptions or ?   :-\

Having looked at hotels they are abit pricy your right oh well better to be comfortable the night before !

It's been years since I had a general ansthetaia , what happens ?  as in does it fell like you just closed your eyes for a minute when you wake up ?

I'm not entirely sure about prescriptions as I don't take any, but I'm sure Karidis will clear that up. It's just a precaution, so it doesn't thin the blood during surgery? (someone correct me if i'm wrong).
If you don't mind the walk, Marylebone lodge was around £50-60 for the night and it was really modern and stylish (it is actually a lot better than the pictures online would suggest).
Mr Man is right about the anaesthesia, they take you down on a bed and he'll talk to you and make you feel really relaxed, then he'll insert summat into your hand and tell you it'll take about a minute, then gives you some oxygen mask thing and you literally feel really happy drunk and wake up what feels like a minute later in the recovery room. Nothing to worry about, all the staff at the hospital are really professional.

Offline a89dlp

• Posting Member
Sorry not sure how to reply separately to each message  :-\

Mr man- I am having my consultation at the end of this month so can give A better update after however I did a lot of research prior to choosing , I guess when you get a felling you go with them if that makes sense, money was actually the last consideration I have had so far.

In regards to an inverted nipple again it's the last thing on my mind in that ,would I trade a flat chest for a scar or deformed nipple ? The answer is yes so I am Not worrying. If that makes sense ? Sorry if that comes across abit blunt.

Sawyer - I will update when I book the exact date ! Really looking forward to it now. People on here and those I have spoken to have stated there is nothing to worry about the general anaesthesia I am one of those people once I have heard the same comments from multiple people it then goes to the back of my mind and doesn't concern me, in a strange way not worried at all more can't stand the wait than anything lol
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 11:11:41 AM by Ademp89 »

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
I know the feeling, just wanting to get it off your chest so you can begin recovering and live a normal life.. hopefully you'll get a quick surgery date if theres some cancellations.
Keep us updated :)

Offline a89dlp

• Posting Member
Just a little update ☺️ This Friday I go see karadis to be honest lol all I need to talk about is my prescription and the anaesthetic lol will be booking there and then. Once I have a date etc I will upload pre and post op pics , feel I have a duty to others as without this site I would still be waking up every morning unhappy , I know this week will be the start of a new life

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
Good luck for tomorrow! Update us asap.
I remember last year being sat on a bench outside the hospital, first time in London shitting myself about the consultation 😂 all those years researching gyno and I was finally about to make the first physical step 

Offline a89dlp

• Posting Member
Right that's it all sorted in on w/c 01/05/2017 didn't even have to think to be honest was more worried they would say no for some reason   :-\

Hotel
Train all booked

In a strange way I'm not worried at all as I know at the end of the day everything will be better on the other side !!!! Bring it on

Anyone got any advice on how I will react after ?

Offline Gixxy

Well done on booking the op!
The next month or so will absolutely fly by, take it all in and enjoy it :)

Im two weeks post op with Karidis and although its still early days for me i can already tell its one of the best decisions i have ever made.

Offline a89dlp

• Posting Member
Yeah looking forward to it now, literally in a months time no more baggy t shirts, no more black shirts, no more layers, wear jumpers which are tight. I am not after well defined pecs etc literally just no
More puffy nipple and not have to worry about it anymore !

Offline Gixxy

Yeah i know exactly what you mean.
The other day i purchased my first plain medium sized tshirt in well over 10 years...

It was an amazing feeling leaving the house with it on!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 03:47:07 PM by Gixxy »

Offline Mr Man

• Posting Member
Good for you a89dlp!
'Get it done and move on with your life' was the advice that Dr. Karidis gave to me. I had my first consultation with him 8 years ago and then ended up bottling the operation back then for a number of different reasons. Then life kicked in, girlfriend, work, a couple of knee operations etc etc and 8 years flew with me struggling with my gyne every single day. I finally took the plunge and had my operation with Dr. Karidis yesterday and I must say, already I know that it is the best thing I could have done and something that I should have done a long time ago. It seems life changing already and I have absolutely no regrets. Obviously I haven't seen the results properly yet and I know the next few months will be a bit of a rollercoaster, but just wearing a hoodie that I haven't been able to wear in years because of my chest and it now looks great is elating! Sounds like you are experiencing the same Gixxy? Attached are some pics pre and post op...

Offline Mr Man

• Posting Member
More pre-op pics all marked up!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024