Author Topic: Consultation with Alex Karidis done and surgery booked!  (Read 3787 times)

Offline hillary2005

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

Another long time lurker here. As with most of us, I’ve been suffering with this since my early teens. School was OK but having to get changed for PE is my first memory of this being a problem.

I lost a lot of weight going from 17-18 stone down to 13.5 when I was around 22 but still gyno remained a problem. I’m a little heavier now but no where near back to being 17 stone.

Over the last year or so (and now 28) I have struggled more than ever with it and have been doing whatever I can to hide it - plasters to hold everything down, compression vests, multiple layers etc etc. I have researched surgery before but never really got round to it and always found a reason to put it off. This time though I knew I had to do something, I’m getting married next year and the thought of the honeymoon was causing an unreal amount of anxiety and stress!!

So a few weeks ago I booked my consultation with Alex Karidis. At £200 I did think this was a little expensive however now I completely understand why he charges for his time! The guy is extremely confident and clearly extremely good at what he does! My consultation was last Friday and the only thing stopping me from booking my surgery date on the day was having to sort out the money to pay for the deposit! He went through all of my questions, showed me a load of before and after pics of his patients and talked me through the operation.

Fast forward to today I have been in contact with the clinic manager and gone through the paperwork and paid the deposit and booked my surgery!

Roll on 19th December!!!!

Offline pharmacy2012

• Posting Member
Hi mate
I am 28 and also getting married next year and want to get the condition sorted. 
My surgery is booked for November 

Offline hillary2005

• Posting Member
Exciting times mate!

How are you feeling about it all?

Offline pharmacy2012

• Posting Member
Yes definitely exciting times mate, I just want to get done as I have thought about getting it done for years. 
I just hope there isn't any complications post op, everyone worries I guess

Offline Life's too short

• Bronze Member
It's a great decision. My life changed June 22nd with Karidis and it's great! I was thinking before surgery "it's bound to not be anywhere near as good as I can't help but expect" (the results) but IT IS as good as my best hopes!!!

Months ago I threw out all those horrible vests i used to wear everywhere everyday underneath my clothes. Now I'm a fitted shirt man, walk outside with my chest propped upright posture and damn proud of what's underneath. I was on holiday walking around in nothing but light vests.. never thought back in Jan this year I would ever be able to do that..

The biggest hurdle is admitting/realizing that you need surgery so well done on that.

Offline hillary2005

• Posting Member
So I am now 1 week away from surgery. Any last minute advice?

Although I am looking forward to getting this sorted I am a little bit apprehensive and nervous

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
@hillary, how did it go? Can you post some pictures? Whats your impressions so far?

Offline hillary2005

• Posting Member
Surgery itself went very well. I was operated on by 9 and back in my room and able to leave the hospital around 4 or 5.

I am now almost 3 weeks post op. Still a little sore but nothing too serious and scar tissue is beginning to develop now so everything is a bit bumpy and uneven.

I am 100% happy with my decision to have the operation and have already started buying and wearing clothes/tshirts I was never able to wear before.

Unfortunately I didn’t take any photos, sorry!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 05:03:37 AM by hillary2005 »

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
Thanks! If you can just post some post op photos, they would be sufice without the pre op photos. I would like to see how you are progressing with the healing, im considering Karidis too. Do you have any deformities when flexing your pec muscles or when rising arms up above head?

Offline hillary2005

• Posting Member
No deformities. I feel it is far too soon to see the real results. I’m expecting the real results to be in around 6 months time.

I won’t be posting any photos, sorry.

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
How are you Hillary? Still no deformities due to scar tissue build up? Flexing chest still ok with no craters of waves forming?

Offline hillary2005

• Posting Member
I am 5 weeks post op and fully back to work and back to normal range of movement.

No deformities visible but there are a few lumps and bumps that I can feel. I don’t feel any of this will be an issue in a few months time when I am fully healed. Dr. Karidis does say that he true results may take 6 months to show.

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
Thanks for your feedback!! The scars under the areola are healing nice?

Offline hillary2005

• Posting Member
Yes no issues with any of the scars. Again I very much doubt they will be visible in a few months

Offline hillary2005

• Posting Member
i know this has been a while but I just wanted to post a final update as it is almost a year since my operation!

It is quite honestly one of the best things I have ever done. I have so much more confidence and I am able to throw on a T-shirt and not worry or stress about how I look!

All scar tissue disappeared after a few months and the incision scars are now barely visible. My nipples are slightly creased but this is a small price to pay and think this is probably down to how much was taken out!

If you are suffering with gyno, my advice would be get a consultation and get it sorted. Pay for it however you can. You won’t regret it!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024