Author Topic: Surgery with Karidis  (Read 1953 times)

Offline hauser99

• Posting Member
Had surgery with Karidis a couple of weeks ago. Everything went fine and have had no issues. Bruising is almost gone and the only tenderness I have is at the lower part of the pecs right in the middle.
Quick question for anyone else but how long did you have to stay sleeping upright? It's the one thing that is annoying me now :)

Offline Driver217

• Posting Member
Hi, just curious to know how much did the surgery cost you?

Offline hauser99

• Posting Member
Hi, just curious to know how much did the surgery cost you?
Karidis fee was £4461 and the Hospital fee was £1483. Bloods were free as I had them done at my local surgery but I think they are around £250 if you get them done at the Hospital.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
When possible, you will want to keep the surgical area elevated for at least a couple of weeks if possible to minimized post operative swelling. This would equally be true if you had surgery on your foot or anywhere else.  Questions of this sort should be asked of your surgeon.  Keeping a surgical area elevated after surgery is sometimes called postural drainage and it really does help minimize post operative swelling. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline hauser99

• Posting Member
When possible, you will want to keep the surgical area elevated for at least a couple of weeks if possible to minimized post operative swelling. This would equally be true if you had surgery on your foot or anywhere else.  Questions of this sort should be asked of your surgeon.  Keeping a surgical area elevated after surgery is sometimes called postural drainage and it really does help minimize post operative swelling.
Thanks for the reply. The post operative instructions were very thorough and I have followed them to the letter, I just wasn't advised of a time frame for the elevated sleeping and as it is quite trivial I wasn't sure whether to ask him or not. Swelling has been minimal so it has been working so far for me :)

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
Hello

Do you have before and after pics? Any deformity after the surgery like uneveness, waviness, deformities when rising hand or flexing pecs? Thanks!

Offline hauser99

• Posting Member
Hello

Do you have before and after pics? Any deformity after the surgery like uneveness, waviness, deformities when rising hand or flexing pecs? Thanks!
Not going to post pictures sorry. Yes there is deformity and hardening but it has only been two weeks and I have been wearing the compression vest for the whole time. I'm not too concerned at the moment as I have only just started the recovery process. Even if there is slight indentation after 6-9 months when I lift my arms I won't be too bothered as it's better than the gyno. I've lived with it for long enough and I'm just loving the fact they are not there any more.

Offline PositionQ

• Posting Member
Hi mate,

Had my op in late July with karidis. I never slept fully elevated but I did sleep with 2 pillows under my head for around a month.

In terms of the unevenness and indentation, just give it some time. When I went in the day after surgery to remove the stitches I saw that my left side was slightly indented but this has all cleared up now and both sides are symmetrical. In hindsight my worry was misplaced because I knew that for the first couple of months I would have uneven swelling and this would resolve itself with time.

I'm happy I'm on the other side and I'm sure you are too. Good luck with your recovery!

Offline hauser99

• Posting Member
Hi mate,

Had my op in late July with karidis. I never slept fully elevated but I did sleep with 2 pillows under my head for around a month.

In terms of the unevenness and indentation, just give it some time. When I went in the day after surgery to remove the stitches I saw that my left side was slightly indented but this has all cleared up now and both sides are symmetrical. In hindsight my worry was misplaced because I knew that for the first couple of months I would have uneven swelling and this would resolve itself with time.

I'm happy I'm on the other side and I'm sure you are too. Good luck with your recovery!
Thanks mate.
Yeah I'm glad it's done now. As others have said I wish I had it done years ago. Recovery will be a long road but I was prepared for that.
I'll probably stay upright for another week and then change to a couple of pillows myself.Thanks for the info :)

Offline UserName7

I Also, had surgery with Kardis not long ago. I slept upwards until it was gradually comfortable to sleep as normal which was around 2 weeks. But i kept the compression garment on.

Good to hear from others who had the surgery recently.

Offline hauser99

• Posting Member
Day 40 update
Well so far so good. Swelling has gone as has all bruising. Skin has a slight greyish tone but I will query this with Karidis at my follow up appointment. Skin creasing still there and craterish look when I raise my arms. Back to the gym without any issues and have trained chest a few times now and feels good. Numbness still there and do get regular tingling and mini electric shock type feeling a few times a day.
Massaging the area three times a day with bio oil. Scar tissue doesn't appear to be reducing much but it's early days.
Emotional rollercoaster is definitely what is going on at the moment. Some days I'm elated and some days it doesn't look great and I feel like it won't get any better. Just need to remind myself it will get better but will take time.

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
hauser99 why you dont post some pics? You can just take some without your face into them.

Im considering Karidis too and i would like to see after and before pics.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024