Author Topic: .  (Read 1934 times)

JR7

8)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 08:26:27 PM by JR7 »

Offline scallimorrow

• Posting Member
Wow, I'm just out of the operating theatre and back in my room now!

Bit tight around the chest but otherwise feeling quite well if a bit hungry!

Has he come to see you?

Offline scallimorrow

• Posting Member
Yeah the lunch was amazing. Actually started choking on it when the nurse came in and tried to play it cool, ended up getting the hiccups which wasn't great. The ice cream on the other hand was definitely great. 

I'm back now as well, in little to no pain (thnx codeine) and my mobility isn't too bad either. Feeling alot more alive than expected. 

Are you on reddit? theres a post surgery group chat on Slack if you want me to send you the link? Only a couple guys on it but they've all recently had the surgery and have been dishing out great tips and experiences. 

Cheers to the new life! 

Offline scallimorrow

• Posting Member
https://redditgynecomastia.slack.com/app

That should be you there, the gynecomastia subreddit was great but is quite clogged with chaps looking for a diagnosis. Worth a look though.

Yeah man, what were they thinking serving up cold toast 😂 

I did, not properly but I'm used to them hanging out to the side and they just weren't there. I've been staring at myself in the mirror in this vest, it's so weird I expect them to be there, but they're not!!!
Can't wait to get a proper look tomorrow... and it's such a strange feeling. I'm elated but I keep having to pinch myself that it's real. Just need to play the waiting game that is recovery, get out of the vest and finally be able to wear light tshirts chest out and shoulders back without fear.

We took a big step today, congratulations!

Offline scallimorrow

• Posting Member
Also just realised the hospital forgot my roll and butter.... definitely wouldn't have managed it anyway 😂

Offline scallimorrow

• Posting Member
Got the stitches out at about 9:30 this morning, noticed that my chest was pretty numb in patches. Not looking too bruised either but I'm expecting that with swelling to increase over the next few days.

After I left the hospital this morning I decided to patch getting a taxi and strolled gently down to Liverpool St station which took just under 2 hours. Maybe not the most sensible thing but I don't feel too bad. I'm also flying back up north this afternoon so hoping things stay in tact. 

Ah yes I also purchased some laxatives, looking forward to getting things moving smoothly again, and showering... 

Offline scallimorrow

• Posting Member
Got the stitches out at about 9:30 this morning, noticed that my chest was pretty numb in patches. Not looking too bruised either but I'm expecting that with swelling to increase over the next few days.

After I left the hospital this morning I decided to patch getting a taxi and strolled gently down to Liverpool St station which took just under 2 hours. Maybe not the most sensible thing but I don't feel too bad. I'm also flying back up north this afternoon so hoping things stay in tact.

Ah yes I also purchased some laxatives, looking forward to getting things moving smoothly again, and showering...
These compression stockings are getting really itchy now for me, was told to keep them on until Friday, can’t wait to get them off for shower tomorrow.

I ditched the taxi aswell, was a 20 minute walk each way from my hotel to st Johns, the walk felt fine but definitely couldn’t go at the same pace I normally would. All the best, shouldn’t have a problem as long as you don’t bump into anyone.

How are you finding carrying your luggage about, I’ve got another night up here before taking the train down south from Waterloo tomorrow. Haven’t got too much, just a big sports back plus a rucksack.
I actually took them off and replaced them with some thicker sports socks after leaving this morning. Figured if I'm keeping moving I shouldn't have to worry about DVT, think it's just an extra precaution. 

Yeah I definitely started off really gently, flight was at 4:30pm so was in no rush. I just had a backpack, my right side is less stiff so just one strapped it for most of the way. Wasn't too uncomfortable tbh, was just extra cautious not to make any sudden movements or get myself into a compromising position. You'll manage fine I'm sure! 

Just arrived back to my flat now, took off the vest and although I'm still clad in dressings I'm blown away by how my chest is looking. It's only really hit me just now after seeing myself in the same mirror that I've used for the past 2 years. I'm absolutely delighted. 

I'm slightly swollen at the moment but from what I can make out there's barely any bruising which I want expecting. Intrigued to see what kind of condition my nips are in tomorrow when I change my dressings. 

Offline dk1000

• Posting Member
Congratulations to both of you and good luck with your recoveries. 

One week on and it was amazing to go back to work today and feel comfortable in my own skin. So glad I was able to have this done.

Offline scallimorrow

• Posting Member
Congratulations to both of you and good luck with your recoveries.

One week on and it was amazing to go back to work today and feel comfortable in my own skin. So glad I was able to have this done.
Big cheers mate! What an empowering feeling that must have been. 

You healing up well? 

Offline scallimorrow

• Posting Member
Your results look fantastic already mate. Completely agree that the whole process with karidis was completely smooth.

Definitely far too early to make proper judgements on how the finished result is going to appear, and everyone heals differently, but I feel the chances of success are much higher by going with a surgeon who really knows his craft. I'm confident we're going to get the best results possible.

Here's my 48hr with dressings off and 72hrs with dressings back on.

Offline scallimorrow

• Posting Member
Lipo plasters are off now! Honestly I'm not sure if I'd know what slow healing and fast healing looks like but my bruising is now completely yellow so that looks to be a good sign.

I was definitely prepared for a much tougher couple days after surgery and had it in my head that I'd get a haematoma (flippin anxiety man) so I'm really pleased/relieved that things seem to be going well.

I'm amazed at how clean everything is looking at this point, not sure if it has anything to do with needing less lipo than others but I didn't expect it to be this easy. Definitely has something to do with the fact that Karidis really has nailed the technique. I know the big nasty scars you're on about, legit thought If I was going to get the surgery it would have to be followed by a huge chest tattoo to deal with the scars. Never imagined that my chest could have the chance to actually look normal again.

How are you getting on in terms of pain, mobility and sleeping?

I'm noticing improvement day by day which is great!

Offline Gyno987

• Posting Member
Hi guys, thanks for posting and the before and after pics OP look amazing.

I've had gyno for about 6 years now, my left being far, far worse than my right. I'm 30 years old and got mine from a T cycle years ago. I haven't touched anything in years but the gyno is continuing to slowly develop. Bloods show my testosterone in a nomal range but estrogen (female hormone) far too low which I suspect is making the gyno worse.

Did your gyno get worse or was it just existing from your teenage years?

AXA said they would cover me but have now withdrawn cover with no reason given, the bastards. Did you guys pay privately or is Karidis an insured provider and you got it covered? If not, how much was the surgery including hospital costs and everything else?

Cheers.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024