Author Topic: One Side Gland Removal only - Cost?  (Read 3930 times)

Offline ukman

• Posting Member
Hi, I just have Glandular Gyno about 3/4" under one nipple.

I was quoted £900 by a Bristol PS, but looking to use a more well known one for Gyno related op's as you only get one shot right!

Levicks price seems to be around £3,600 but surely this is for full Gyno, both sides and inc Gland and Lipo too.

Has anyone just had one gland removed and know the cost?

Thanks

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Im not sure if you would get a discount. I had a minor case and still paid the same as the guys with bigger cases. I dont think it goes on size or job think its just a set price, although its best to consult with him to find out.

You get a discount if you have local anethestic and are a day case though. Your best person to ask is Chestrockwell who did just that recently. Im sure he will fill you in.

regarding getting one shot, people do have revision surgerys, although its obviously better to get it done right first time around.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 11:06:03 AM by stonecold »

Offline ukman

• Posting Member
Thanks for your good reply!

I will check it out.

The PS I saw in Bristol wanted to cut under around and across chest, which seriously concerned me and leave some gland in.  He was cheaper but hey if I got this body for a lifetime whats a few grand right?

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Its possible that he could do a fine job although i havent heard of any surgeons in Bristol. If money isnt a major issue for you then i agree do your research and go with the person you think is best suited for you.

I have my scars around the crease of my arms and think eventually they wil become unnoticeable. Surgery via the nipple is more common and i think again you can have trouble finding it if done well.

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
ukman  important thing about surgery is getting it done from the right surgeon, and a good 1 at that.  an important lesson i found out the hard way.

take yr time, find the right guy, so what if u have to pay more, this is yr body.  pay once, get a good job done on it, then u can move on with yr life.
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
Thanks for your good reply!

I will check it out.

The PS I saw in Bristol wanted to cut under around and across chest, which seriously concerned me and leave some gland in.  He was cheaper but hey if I got this body for a lifetime whats a few grand right?

the bit id be concerned wit is the bit of cutting around and across my chest.surely you dont mean that and its a simple areola excision he meant?(thru the nipples?

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help

Levicks price seems to be around £3,600 but surely this is for full Gyno, both sides and inc Gland and Lipo too.

You have to remember only part of that cost goes to the PS.  Included in that cost is the hospital fees and the anaesthetic, you would still be using those the same as any other person getting surgery.
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline irish_dude

• Silver Member
  • Op performed with Mr.Levick, 19/8/2005

The PS I saw in Bristol wanted to cut under around and across chest, which seriously concerned me and leave some gland in.

Yikes! Are you sure he wasn't 'Dr.Nick' from the Simpsons? £900 sounds very very very low.

And WTF with that cutting procedure? Mr Levick excises via two small incisions in the armpit area. They're so small that they don't need to be sitched up after.

He was cheaper but hey if I got this body for a lifetime whats a few grand right?

Dude! You're not talking about your car here, you're talking about your body and you only get one!

A few grand may mean all the difference between a bodged job that makes you disfigured for life having to spend tens of thousands on revisionary surgery and getting it right first time around.

Offline ukman

• Posting Member
No not from simpsons, it was a clinic in Bristol seemed a good one but didn't know that much about Gyno and yes wanted to cut round and across nipple from side creating a a kind of a U~ scar as said my nipple was too small (never noticed b4 though).

£900 was price via Insurance company and not direct, but they wouldnt pay out anyhow.

How about USA any cheaper ones there that our good and I could tie in a holiday too?

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
Ukman....

I only had gyne on one side. And I got surgery with Levick.

When he examined me, he said I had a little bit of 'gristle' (gyne) on the side that I beleived was fine (No puffy nipples or pointyness at all) He said that should come out too as it had the possibility of developing at a later date. (Obviously you don't want this to happen.) He also said how hard it was to just do one side and leave it looking symmetrical. Therefore he said he had to do both sides. And therefore the price was the same.

You don't ned big scars across your chest to get this out. My NHS surgeon wanted to do exactly the same thing. He warned me of a 'donut' or 'crater' effect after surgery and said, well at least you have a hairy chest... that will help to hide the scar! I gave levick a call the next day!

Hope this helps.

Ian

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024