Author Topic: how painful should it be?  (Read 2829 times)

Offline bohemian2

• Posting Member
  • gyne removed by Levick 2/11/05
Still swollen under my armpits and lumpy and bumpy underneath.  Irritating when I move with my compression vest on.

What are the experiences of people who had the operation? Should I still be feeling like this or should i be getting worried?

Thanks for any ideas guys

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
how far are you post op?.

i am 12-13 days post op now and personaly my quickest improvements have come in the past 3 days or so, before that i was pretty tender and restricted in my movement ...especialy in my right arm. but i wouldnt worry m8 as we all heal at different rates.

chris.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Bohemian was the week before us Chris. Im still swollen under the arms as well and i think the compression vest doesnt help as it seems to push things outwards to their. I also hve notcied though that during the last few days my movement is back and evrything seems ot be normalising.

Bohemian hows your chest looking, has it changed much since you initally removed the bandages? Have you got any pics
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 03:54:41 AM by stonecold »

Offline bohemian2

• Posting Member
  • gyne removed by Levick 2/11/05
Sorry Stonecold still haven't got any pics.  Has anyone got back the pics that Levick took himself? he said he would send some.

My compression vest also seems to be the main problem.  I have a sort of sleeveless one and it is pushing against the swelling in my arms.

Thanks Chris for the reassuring words. I think it is just the healing process because I'm just uncomfortable not really in pain.

My chest looks fine, some lumps and bumps I can feel but I'm so unused to my chest at the moment it's hard to tell what is muscle and what shouldn't be there.  I stretch quite a bit at work and i kind of stretch against the bumps. Must borrow a digital camera!

Offline irish_dude

• Silver Member
  • Op performed with Mr.Levick, 19/8/2005
What are the experiences of people who had the operation? Should I still be feeling like this or should i be getting worried?

Nah. It's normal.

My mobility wasn't 100%, especially when I tried to reach up for anything.

I remember about 10 days post op I was getting a little over-confident. I went to get out of the drivers seat of my car and what ever way I had twisted my torso around, I ended up rolling around on the ground in the car park at Tescos crying like a baby!

I'm fine now, but getting pins-and-needles sensations around my nips where the nerve tissue is healing.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
No i havent got the pre op pics. Dr levick took tem but never told me he would send them. I thought they would be avalible at the consultation follow up.

Ive got that vest as well, is yours eurosurgical. I agree that the sleeveless one is a bit of a pain as it digs in the arms.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024