Author Topic: Surgery this Wednesday  (Read 1991 times)

Offline dude007

• Posting Member
Hi

I'm going under the knife with the NHS this wednesday. I have gyne on one side and am bricking it.

I dont know what to expect all I know is that I have been told to book a week off work, reading some of the posts on here that doesnt seem long enough!!!

Can any one tell me what to expect? I am 6'4 not over weight. My gyne is not massive but I have to tape it down to stop it from being visible whilst wearing shirts etc. I dont go swimming or any where I have to take my top off in front of people.

This has been a long time coming, about a year and a half of going back and forth with my docs and the surgeon but the nerves and the second thoughts are creeping in.

Any help will be most helpfull.

D

My Surgeon is Dr. Royle at the royal south hants in southampton.

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
dude go for it, dnt worry.  think of it dis way no matter how it goes, u will probably never have to tape that side of yr chest down again.  and it will probably look great.  stay positive about it,  if u gna worry do it after u had it, not b4.
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Depends what your job is. If its active then maybe a bit more, but if its office or something of that nature then a week would proably be ok. It said in the brochure i had that some people return to work the next day following the procedure, but try to take a week off to rest. Just bear in mind you will have restrictive movement in your arms for about 10 days so lifting over your head would be problematic.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024