Author Topic: had revision surgery..  (Read 2069 times)

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
Hi guys ,

Its been a while since ive posted anything on here ,so I thought I’d give you a quick update as to how my chest is these days .

Well , I had my surgery on 2nd of feb at the priory with paul levick ,this was around the same time as chorlton , rrb ,ajp and merv , hope you guys have recovered well and have had no need for any more surgery.

Anyhow as for me I spent 7 months after surgery some what down about the whole thing because both sides of my chest were frankly hideous but for entirely different reasons one side had some gland or scar tissue left behind the nipple ,giving the appearance of a  very small breast .as for my right side I had what looked like a hole in my pec right behind my nipple (as you can see in  the early  pics ,some thing possibly went wrong during surgery ,I cant be sure )

The skin and nipple over and around this “indentation” then healed down onto my pec causing the nipple to look terribly folded and pulled and lots of creases in the skin next to it , not to mention the tightness and pulling on the area whenever I lifted my arm up , I do have quite a physical job.

So, 6 weeks post op I saw paul and expressed my concerns, he seemed to be sure it would be ok , he told me to give it 6 months and then go back if there was still a problem .

September 20th , had another appointment with paul, , I decided to take some recent photos of the offending areas with me, paul looked at my chest and the photos  and agreed that it wasn’t right and booked me in for October the 20th . unfortunately it needed to be another general anaesthetic . bugger!

What paul proposed to do was to try to get out the remaining tissue from behind the left nipple and to unattach the  tethered down skin on the right side and graft some fat from my belly into the area to separate the skin and pec .
paul said that this was the first time hed ever had to carry out this procedure which surprised me .

the 2nd op went pretty smoothly ,I was in and out in the same day (Thursday) and was back to work on the Monday .

well im now 7 weeks post op and things are certainly more natural looking , the left side still has a slightly saggy nipple , im hoping this will tighten up in the next few months ,as for the right side its definitely not attached any more but it may have slightly too much fat in it as its quite plump(but not breast like)

im going to give it 6 months and make a decision then as to whether to get paul to suck a little bit back out again . my main concern about that is that it may make the crater in my pec more noticeable if theres not enough fat to cover it .

ive posted some updated pics so you can see what I mean .

cheers and good luck.

Offline webster

• Silver Member
Ur last pics of post 2nd op do look v.good. Mr L seems to have addressed the issues 4 u, well the 7 weeks + pic looks totally normal to me...

Since you took a pic one day after the 2nd op I assume that you weren't all bandaged up for a week like the first time?

Also there does not seem to be bruising... was the whole thing much less traumatic 2nd time? & did U wear a compression vest again.

I could probably do with a bit of revision myself but not exactly looking forward to more surgery so any more info would be brilliant PM me if U like.

hope your chest settles to what you wanted m8.

Webster.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 01:16:51 PM by webster »

Offline student_86

• Posting Member
  • Gyne removed by Levick 19/07/06
im sorry if im going to annoy people with my constant questions, but try to undertand that i know nothing about how surgery procedures work.

what i wanted to ask was, do you have to pay for revision surgery and is it anywhere near the price of the original surgery if you do?

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
Don't quote me , but i think if you requrie revision surgery it's done free of charge.

It's like taking your car to the garage......and the problem you have paid them for, still aint fixed ....they will do it free of charge.....same with a bodged hair cut......lol

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
same with a bodged hair cut......lol

What if they give you the skinhead??? :D :D :D

they would paint pictures of RABBITS on your head.....because from a distance they would look like HARES lol. da ya get it.......i get worse.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024