Author Topic: About post-op massage  (Read 3965 times)

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Hello

For all post-op people, when did you start to massage?  For how long and how frequently each day?  Any tips on how and where to do it?  For how many weeks post-op did you/are you going to massage for?

Any information appreciated.

Ta much

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
I have often thought that post op massage would best be done with one of those electric personal massagers... I think it needs to be a bt more brutal than just using your hands

Just start when it feels right.

E

Offline Robin_G

• Bronze Member
I'm two weeks post-op and thinking about starting next week as it looks like the bruising is finally starting to subside

I was planning to get a little gadget thingy.....in fact I'm hoping phantom will re-post the link to the one he mentioned before as I can't remember which thread it was on  :)

I was also wondering what the score is with drinking? I assume I'm ok to now? I'm as equally keen to start that as I am the massaging  :D

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Hello Robin

The link is:  http://play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=GADG&title=632586

As for drinking, I got utterly slaughtered last weekend and probably will again Saturday comming.

Offline marcus28

• Bronze Member
hi guys why do you need a massage gadget post op for and whats the thing you guys are taking for your bruising,hope to get surgery next month cant wait till sep

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Hello Marcus28

You don't have to have any kind o f massage gadget, but using one might be more effective than just your hands or fingers alone.

My surgeon recommended Arnica, a herbal remedy to help with reducing bruising or clearing post-op bruising.  More info here:http://www.primary.net/~gic/herb/arnica.htm

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
if u got scar tissue built up underneath once u healed, massaging will need to be tough and aggressive, and using yr hands will not do the trick.  u need to get some sort of roller
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
UK2000

What kind of time-frame on post-op massaging is recommended?  Should it be for several months?  Say six?  More or less?  Thanks.

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
its easier said than done, after like 2 months u lose the motivation to do it as u see yr chest heal up.  put it this way its good to keep massaging untill yr chest has take a nice shape, and u cant feel any lumps or bumps in yr chest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024