Author Topic: just a few post of questions?  (Read 2762 times)

Offline ted

hi there guys im new here. just had my op on nhs few days ago and i feel that ive got swelling on my chest just wanted to know if this was normal?

Offline kingpin05

• Posting Member
Yea it is normal The swelling can be around for a good few weeks as well as the numbness if you have any.

Read my post about my nhs op I would be interested in your experience

Offline ted

thanks for that , i just wanted to know when abouts after the operation could you get the wounds wet by?

Offline ted

it went good really, had it on nhs, and i thought the gyne was quite bad and its much better now so feel alot more confident, just wanted to know when i could get the wounds wet by? any idea?(so i can have a proper shower!)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 10:58:12 AM by ted »

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Hello ted.  It all depends on why kind of surgery you had, what dressings you have and what your surgeon advises.  I would suggest you call your surgeons secretary as soon as who should be able to advise you, or at least get an answer to your question.

I had to wear my initial bandages for one week, so I had shallow baths, but didn't really wetthe upper half of my body.  It's not ideal, but it's something I just had to do.  But as I say, get in touch with your secretary, then you know you are doing it in accordance with the way you are supposed to.

Hope that helps.

Offline radio-boy

• Posting Member
Ted, can you tell me what kind of surgeon did your surgery? And where? Thanks

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
radio-boy

I'd send ted a private message, just in case he misses your question on this thread.

Offline ted

sorry about that been away for a few days , i had it done by a plastic surgeon, in midlands.

p.s just wanted to ask people who have had op, how long after op did u start proper training on chest, i.e weights

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Again Ted

You can only formally go by what you surgeon says in terms of returning to training, particularly your chest.

For me, I was power-walking within a week.  Walking and upper body stretching in week two.  Walking, stretching and VERY light weights on the chest in week three.  Week four, moderate weights for the chest and finally back to full workouts in week five.

However, this very much depends on the individual as we all have different healing rates.  The key is, even if your surgeon says it's ok after 'x' number of weeks, if working out your chest causes you any unusual pain or discomfort - stop and leave it out for another week or two.

Hope that helps.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024