Author Topic: wow  (Read 2529 times)

Offline marcus28

• Bronze Member
wow
cant belive it got consultaion on the 28th feb and op onthe 1st march with mr levick,just looking for a bit of reasureance as you guys are the only people ive spoke to,please could those who have had the 0p with him or else where please write down a list of what i should ask him and what to make sure he dose as i have a very short time between consol/surgery,i dont want to miss any thing out i have quite a bad case and deffo think i need glands removed any advise would be appreciated
 thanks, should i order a compression vest now where from and what size im a 44/46in chest,and what pills and potions should i get

Offline Robin_G

• Bronze Member
Well, firstly I would have waited to book the surgery until I'd at least had the consultation but I dunno, maybe others have done the same as you, just my personal opinion

I'd make sure you've got all your info in advance to be honest as there's a lot of stuff you need to stop doing two weeks in advance of surgery, which is prior to your consultation date, and I think you should have even stopped drinking by the time you go see Mr L

As for the rest, just make sure you understand what you will be about to have done, and explain to him what you hope to get out of it apperance wise to make sure all is realistic

The main thing is that he needs to confirm you def have gyne and talk you through the procedure. The rest is down to any concerns you might have about what to expect before and after the op

May as well get your arnica in now as you'll had to have started taking that ebfore you go as well. I was also advised to take vit C

You don't wear your compression vest until a week post-op but no harm in getting it now....that size sounds like a large but Mr L should send you form for Manufacturers so best checking with them
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 05:01:07 AM by Robin_G »

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
In all honesty marcus, I went in with around 15 questions I had written down.  By the time he had finished talking to me, there were only a couple of questions left for me to ask - he was that thorough.  What you need to establish on a personal level is what it is he thinks he can achieve for you.  Be absolutely clear on what your expectations are and how near Mr Levick thinks he can achieve that result.  Don't go into this expecting to come away with a perfect chest either just after surgery or a year after - it probably won't happen, especially if there is significant tissue to remove.  All surgery can offer is an improvement, not a cure.

This all seems to be happening very fast for you.  I always suggest to other guys to seek out at least one other opinion from another surgeon - even if you think Mr Levick is the right one before you even meet him - but that's just me.

You are bound to have loads more questions pre and post-op and we're all here to help you where we can.

Best wishes

« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 05:07:56 AM by phantom »

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Another thing occurred to me.  I strongly advise you to see your GP.  Any private surgeon is obliged to inform your GP of any surgery you are to be given - unless yous SPECIFICALLY state that you don't want your GP to know.

Your GP is probably the most reliably objective medical professional that is much more likely to give you an unbiased opinion on your condition and the work your plastic surgeon intends to carry out.

I get the impression you have chosen Mr Levick based exclusively on what you have read on this website.  Nothing wrong with that (if that is the case) but remember, none of us here (in the UK) are medically qualified to give advice or an opinion and no medical professional can offer information to patients over a public internet forum anyway(even though some people may give the impression they are qualified).  So please discuss this with you GP before you see Mr Levick.  He or she is much better placed to give you professional direction should you choose to go the surgery route privately.

Oh and I hadn't considered much of what Robin_g said about pre-op preparations - no alcohol, garlic (Chinese food) or strenuous activity for a week in advance of surgery.  And to start taking arnica tablets (Holland&Barrett) and vit C(1000mg) each day for seven days in advance.

If you have already booked your surgery and your consultation is the day before, were you advised on any of this?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 11:01:38 PM by phantom »

Offline Hypo-is-here

All the advice is 100% spot on but what about seeing an endocrinologist first to ensure that there is no underlying problem?

25% of men have an underlying causative condition for their gynecomastia and that is before considering possible drug/medication issues.

It has to make sense.

Especially when you consider how much the sugery costs privately.

Offline irish_dude

• Silver Member
  • Op performed with Mr.Levick, 19/8/2005
should i order a compression vest now where from and what size im a 44/46in chest,and what pills and potions should i get

Check out my diary in the Diary section here. I wrote in painful, and I hope, humourous detail about going through the whole process with Mr.Levick.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024