Author Topic: The Restart - New member here  (Read 2129 times)

Offline XadenPhoenix

• Posting Member

Went to the doctors today to see about getting the gyno removed.. Here's a bit of history.

Had it since I was skinny and 14 and still have it now that I'm 28.

The right 'boob' has always had more gland than the left.

I went to the doctors in one area (Stoke) and they sent me to the doctors and I got the biospy and they confirmed that I had mild gyno.

I was then referred to a surgeon and the surgeon up there wanted to do the right one (extraction) and then after a while do the left.

I found that out today, as back then I didn't know any better. My question is, why on earth would you do that. That would make it worse.

The locum seemed well switched on as he actually asked me how it was affecting me as he actually sit with me and wrote what seemed like an essay regarding how defensive I get when anyone goes near the breasts, how i don't wear thsirts and wear jackets in the summer. I also mentioned about it being tender and getting joggers nipple when exercising.

The final result is that the action on my notes was referral to a surgeon.

Now I just have to wait and see what's up. I have a feeling that this will be quicker as I had the tests in 2002.

In case anyone wants to know, I'm in the county of Herefordshire.

Love this forum as it's very informative and I look forward to talking to people here.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
I have never heard of each side of the chest being done at different times, even when there is a difference is size.  I can only guess that this particular surgeon wants to 'correct' one side and then the other to get a best match!  Did you ask why?  You really don't want the experience of going through surgery twice if you can help it.

Offline XadenPhoenix

• Posting Member
To be honest, I don't think I did..Didn't really think to question about it back then. Now that I know about the different types like the armpit (Levick style) or cut the nipple, I'll question more.

Hopefully, I'll get a letter soon informing me what's up. I'll keep you all posted.

What would be handy is a list of questions that you should ask the surgeon.

kicka

You had ypour tests in 2002!!  :o
its now 2006 aw im screwed! ill be about 40 by the time i get thru this

Offline XadenPhoenix

• Posting Member
You had ypour tests in 2002!!  :o
its now 2006 aw im screwed! ill be about 40 by the time i get thru this

It was a couple ofmonths in 2002 from tests to letter for op.

But when the letter came through, I was moving so forgot about it.. 4 years later and I'm going back to it to finish what I started.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024