Author Topic: Serg's post op diary  (Read 6640 times)

Offline serg

• Silver Member
Hey guys, I got back today after having the op done at about 11am. I was in the Welbeck Hospital from around 8am to 6pm. The whole operation, including recovery room took about 2 hours. I have yet to see my chest yet as it's been covered in some tight dressings and now also in one of those compression vest things.  

Things seem to have gone well, I had my parents with me from start to finsish which was awesome. Jan Stanek, who performed the op, said all went well. However he said afterwards that he was unable to correct the inverse nipple during the op as it would have compromised the bloody supply there. He said he can take care of this under local when all else settles down.  I'm glad he didn't take the risk - and he did warn me before hand that this may well be the case. He's a good lad.

ALthough I haven't seen my chest without the dressings, there does seem to be quite a big difference. While wearing the compression vest I;m getting, what I hope, is a glimpse ino the future as to how things will look. My parents are extremely happy, and have asked a few times why I didn't bring it to their attention sooner! It's all very surreal at the mo. I'm just a few weeks away from a decent looking chest. yay!! Hopefully all should turn out well.  :)

s.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 12:31:27 PM by serg »

Offline Merv_UK

• Posting Member
Congratulations serg, Welcome to the club.

Merv.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
well done Serg hope it all works out 100% for you. Kepp us updated. Btw how do surgeons reduce nipple puffiness, anybody know?

thanks

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Good man Serg.

Just take it easy over the next few weeks and try not to do anything silly like rip the bandages off in your sleep.............like I did! :P ;D

It sounds like Stanek is a good surgeon; hopefully you will have great results. Best of luck.

Keep us posted mate.
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
GLad it all worked out Serg  :D
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline serg

• Silver Member
cheers for the good wishes guys, it's much appreciated.

I thought I'd give you a 1 day post op update. The soreness is definetely worse than yesterday but I suppose this to be expected. I can't do much with my arms today.

I spoke to Stanek's practice nurse who told me that over the next couple of days the swelling and the bruising is going to be at its worst. I'm seeing her next Tuesday to have the bandage/plaster thingy removed, but I'll still have to wear my compression vest for a week full time, and then for another 3 weeks when asleep.

I had a nightmare when napping today that when the bandage was removed all was  the same as before - with surgery having had no effect!. Let's hope that just remains a figment of my subconscious.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 10:30:52 AM by serg »

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Congratulations Serg, the hard bits over now...its just the waiting/healing now....

I'll be in the same position in 16 days....Im beginning to feel quite anxious now....up until now, the thought of surgery hasnt bothered me one bit....

Offline serg

• Silver Member
Wishing you all the best with your surgery mate, I hope it all goes well for you. Sorry if I missed this in a previous post, are you another of the Levick lads?

s.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 02:44:22 AM by serg »

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Yep, Im with Mr Levick..thanks for the good wishes...

Offline serg

• Silver Member
Hi everyone 3 days post op now.

I had my first good sleep last night and energy levels are beginning to go up.  Think I'll try and brave taking a walk around town this evening.

It feels like there's been growth in my chest from yesterday. I'm guessing this is just swelling increasing but paranoid thoughts are beginning to enter the mind now...

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
I know what you mean about paranoia, I'm in much the same boat at the moment. Read my recent post on the 'Surgical spirit' thread and you'll see what I mean.

Try not to think about it too much, just give your body a chance. 3 days is still very early on.

All the best.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Its hard to stop thinking about it and its silly to be paranoid but we all are.  The slightest twinge and your worried.  I was training this morning and i felt a wobble on my left side, straight away i was like oh my god fluid build up, took me about 10 minutes to come to reality and realise its just my imagination.

Offline serg

• Silver Member
Hi Guys, I'm 5 days post op today.

I took my compression vest off for a bit today and put on a white t shirt (which I usually only wear to sleep in).

It felt awesome wearing that, no tighteness in the chest and looking normal. ALthough I'm trying not to get too excitied yet , as I was still wearing the ACE Bandage and it still being early days, I can't help but feel excited about the prosepct of summer.  8)

s

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I can't help but feel excited about the prosepct of summer.  8)

Spring/Summer.... a time of year that we have dreaded in the past, now it's a time that we can look forward to! :D  Swimming? What's that? Geeze hold on a mo, I do recall now doing that when I was a small child :P. I wonder if I'll be able to remember how.... ;D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 08:12:38 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline serg

• Silver Member
Hi guys 8 days post op now.

I had the sticky bandage and the foam pads underneath removed today. I got to see my chest for the first time since the op, and my inital results were, this is fantastic!!

I'm really happy with the things are shaping up. I've still got to wear the compression vest for another 3 weeks while awak (i can take it off when asleep) but things are looking good.

Also while the nurses were cutting/pulling the sticky bandage off I had two of them holding my hand, apologising about it being painful - it wasn't that bad  ;) ;)

A good day today. I definetely recommend Mr Stanek. If today is anything to go by, then he is a mircale worker!

serg

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024