Author Topic: after gyno surgery  (Read 7807 times)

Offline parminder

• Posting Member
hey guys, i have my operation in three weeks, going private. also my surgeon is removing the whole gland, so i cant get it again -my question is, that i am planning to use steoids 4-6 weeks after my operation to bodybuild - would steroids affect the healing, cos i kinda though that they would maybe make healing faster

Offline limaecho

• Bronze Member
Definately DONT use any steroids. These themselves can cause gynecomastia. Just go to the gym and build your body naturally with a high protein diet. You will look and feel better for it.

Offline parminder

• Posting Member
the steroids wont be able to cause gyno, as i am having everything taken out behind the nipple - you see i was advised by my doc that the surgery should take out all gland as i am predisposed to it - makes more sense really, but i was just wondering whetheror not it would cause any change - i am very clued up about how to safely take the steroids - they are in actual fact not that bad for your body if done safely and in moderation  - not that i am advising any1 to use them as they shouldnt- unless u really need to

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
4-6 weeks is to soon in my opinioon, surley it best to take roids when your already training at full pelt on your own. Using roids after youve been layed up after the op will mean you wont be training at full strength and wont get the best gains. Most people take a month offf the gym after their surgery and then another few months building back up to the point hey layed off.

Who is your surgeon?

Offline parminder

• Posting Member
dr renato from NHS/bupa
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 08:01:32 AM by parminder »

Offline parminder

• Posting Member
i have been bodybuilding naturally just wanted to take roids once the gyno is out, but i have heard from bodybuilders training 10 days -2 weeks -3 weeks after there op

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
well its entirely up to you mate, with the gland though the surgeon should leave a tiny amount behind in order to prevent inverted nipples. Therefore this remaining gland could possibly be regrown with the use of steroids. I take it you will use an estrogen blocker to minimise the risks. Would it not have been wise to do a cycle first then get the gyne removed?

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
This sounds crazy to me, your body is healing for agood 6 - 10 months at least after surgery, It might be a month till you can start getting down the gym again (with some pain!) but to start putting weird stuff into your body when it's trying to heal from a major operation just sounds silly.

Ian

Offline LEBOWSKI

• Posting Member
Parminder, I've read your posts 2/3 times and I just can't believe what I am reading. :o
 Was your gyne caused by steriod use?

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
theres no way he will take all the gland out, a little bit will always remain, otherwise yr chest will have a indent in it, ie a hollow hole.  taking steroids without a estrogen blocker can also cause b*itch bits.  so theres every possibility with taking gear yr gyno cud come back.
but if u gna go on it, like its been mentioned wait till yr at yr peak at the gym, as u yrself will find that it takes a month at least before yr even able to lift weights.
my advice dnt even bbother with steriods at gym,just train and eat well.
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

Offline parminder

• Posting Member
nah, mate my gyne was caused by puberty - never taken steroids in my life - you see once they remove the gland, (whole gland) some peoples chests may look indented, mine may slightly, but becuase i have byuilt my pecs up there is minimal chance of it happening. but if it does, then all it takes is some more pec developement to push the nipple out again - plus if you are predisposed to it, whats the point in not having all of it taken out? the surgeons mainly leave a little in there for aesthetic results, but i explained to my surgeon that i would want all of the gland removed. my surgeon also told me that it could come back, through over eating, and age around 30-35-40, so i dont want that hassle - ive read so many times of guys gyno comin back.

Offline parminder

• Posting Member
plus, do you know that if you have gyno surgery, then eat and train naturally without roids u will obviously gain more muscle - more muscle in your body means your body will produce more testosterone- now this also means your body will produce more estrogen to level this - this estrogen can attach itself to the little peice of gland ure surgeon left behind ure nipple and hey! u are back where you started.

but my question was do the steroids affect healing in anyway? i would have though they would slightly speed up the healing process, as some steroids are injected to treat scars (obviously different type of roids). but i dont see how steroids could affect any1 - because i thought that they were meant to speed recovery and build new tissue asweell as muscle tissue.

Offline ghostrider

• Bronze Member
  • surgery done 05/09/06
hi guys....

quick question for uk2000..

yousay that there is no way that a surgeo will take out the whole gland as will cause a hollow in nipple....

but before we all develped gyne there obviously was no gland present at all and we didnt have a hollow so when that gland is all removed why would it suddnly become hollow?

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
plus, do you know that if you have gyno surgery, then eat and train naturally without roids u will obviously gain more muscle - more muscle in your body means your body will produce more testosterone- now this also means your body will produce more estrogen to level this - this estrogen can attach itself to the little peice of gland ure surgeon left behind ure nipple and hey! u are back where you started.

but my question was do the steroids affect healing in anyway? i would have though they would slightly speed up the healing process, as some steroids are injected to treat scars (obviously different type of roids). but i dont see how steroids could affect any1 - because i thought that they were meant to speed recovery and build new tissue asweell as muscle tissue.

testosterone and other muscle building steds are anabolic steroids-build u up.
steroids into scar are catabolic.and reverse healing-which is why they break down the scar as scars are healing!!
but you are right steds do actually improve healing,but are given to pateints with large injuries as the side effects dont outweight the benefits.or we would give all our patients steds after an operation!!!

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
hi guys....

quick question for uk2000..

yousay that there is no way that a surgeo will take out the whole gland as will cause a hollow in nipple....

but before we all develped gyne there obviously was no gland present at all and we didnt have a hollow so when that gland is all removed why would it suddnly become hollow?

EVERy 1 has some amount of gland.even males.just it wont be noticeablte but still present.every human male/female oap baby has some amount of gland but it just depends on the size to notice it or not.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024