Author Topic: documentary on thursday about gyne  (Read 3341 times)

Offline flick

• Posting Member
 Hi guys on thursday 10th March on the Discovery channel at 10pm, theres a documentary called Boys with breasts.
It looks like a good programme cos not only does it cover the physical side of gyne but also talks about the phsycologyical side too. ;D

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
Thats a repeat of a channel 4 documentary. I think it's good as far as raising awareness... but in it, 4 out of 5 of the ops were done badly and they go off on a weird tangent about men trying to breastfeed....

Ian

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Hmmmm.

Well at least our loved-ones undersatnd!!! ;D
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
Hey, I've just read this post, and the documentary is on in an hour.
I haven't seen it before, and i'm having surgery in 3 weeks.
Should i watch it?  WIll it completely freak me out?
(don't know if this will get a reply before 10pm but oh well.....)
Surgery performed on 29th March by Mr. Mark Gittos
Pre-Op Pictures: http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/j0hn_1984/album?.dir=/91c8
Post-Op pictures coming as soon as I can work out how to use my camera

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
  • Gyne removed by Mr Levick 2nd Feb 05
    • Before and After Surgery Pics
John,

If it was not for watching that program last August I would never had know the condition had a name or that you could fix it.

God bless channel 4!

Chorlton

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
Well, I watched the documentary.

I've never had such an emotional roller-coaster in my life.  I'm a fairly stoical guy, but this documentary had me in tears, i almost threw up at one pint, and it had me shivering with fear, and overwhelming empathy and solidarity.

I most related to the young guy who was around 16/17  (i am 20).  I  actually had tears of happiness for him when he showed the result of the op and he was able to walk around and feel normal.

Watching the actual operation was a bad idea.  Normally i can watch gory stuff like that on the TV and not bat an eyelid, but knowing that this is going to be happening to me in a few weeks, i was actually 'yelping' in pain.  ANnd the ruthless liposuction----- WTF!!???  It really is just like you're dead meat on the table isn't it.  Oh god.

What if the anaesthetic doesn't knock me out properly so i can't move but can feel it all?
Think i'm going to be sick

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
Don't worry so much, almost never happens! lol

And yeah, I only saw that documentary after I had had the op... and it still made me a bit queasy!

Ian

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024