Author Topic: saw palmetto  (Read 3935 times)

Offline revenant

Hi

ive had surgery twice once on the nhs and once private both excision and no lipo. I wanted to ask about taking saw palmetto for hairloss, it is supposed to help hairloss, and prostate health in men but is also taken by women as some studies also show it can increase the size of their breasts, what i wanted to know was if gyno can come back after surgery, if i take saw palmetto could the glandular breast tissue (gyno) grow back?

sorry if this sounds dumb but i cant find no information about gynecomastia and saw palmetto anywhere..

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
I took saw palmetto for hairloss and developed gyne. As you have already had your gyne removed their may be less risk. However it can trigger it, so it is a risk.

Offline revenant

thanks for the advice,

so did you go on to find any other successful remedy for hairloss

Offline orrible

No i gave up with internals after that, and have never used regaine. I do use Nizoral shampoo twice a week though which i think helps abit.

Offline banner

• Posting Member

There is a treatment for hairloss which i've used for 5  yrs my hair has nearly all grown back.

it's  a combination use of Proscar and minxoidil. If you are interested I will put you in touch with the the doctor that is treating me.

The only drawback is that it may not help gyno I had my gyno before I started using is so it did not effect me. My surgeon also thinks it didn't affect me as most of my gyno was fatty not glandular.

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
saw palmetto is the herbal version of propecia.
they bothe block dht by enzyme alpha reductase.
they can also both cause gyno like stonecold said with palmetto.propecia/proscar side effects is gyno so watch out.

Offline revenant

thanks for the advice and clearing this up, i think ill go for the nizoral shampoo and see how it goes, from my research it seems the best option for me.

cheers!
;D

Offline orrible

make sure you get nizoral and not nizorelle the other version. The proper stuff is 2% and in a pink ad white bottle. Their is a cheaper version but id go for the proper stuff. Boots sell it behind the counter.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024