Author Topic: Toronto transportation to Dr. Fielding's office  (Read 4415 times)

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Hi, I'll be meeting Fielding in october and will be arriving by train at Union Station, I would like to know how can I get to his office? Do I use the tube or the bus or a taxi. My consultation is at 5:15 and I'll be in TO at 3:20...I'll have a lot of time to get to his office, so I would be happy to use the cheaper way to get there.

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 04:13:24 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
From Union Station – If you coming from VIA Rail:

1.      Via Rail arrives at main Union Station. So you have to come to concourse level and follow the sign to TTC Union Subway station.

2.      When you enter TTC Union Subway Station, make sure to take a train going to North Bound Downsview Station.

Union Station has only one platform, which shares both northbound trains. One to Downsview and One to Finch. Yes, both Northbound Train as Union is last stop on south side.

3.      Get off at St. George Station (6th station).

4.      Now here you have to change the ground level. One level down. And look for “Bloor Line Trains”. Make sure you don’t walk out of station else you have to pay again.

5.      Once you are on another level for Bloor Line Trains – Take West Bound Kilping Trains.

6.      Once you are on Kipling bound train, look for Jane Street Station.

7.      Get of the train at Jane (11th stop).

8.      Take stairs to get out of station to street level.

9.      Once you are at Street level, street you are facing is Jane Street.

10.      On your left side, you will see the major T section, which are Bloor Street and Jane Street. Actually Jane Street ends on that intersection.

11.      Walk towards Bloor Street. It is hardly 20 steps.

12.      On the intersection, across the street at your little left, you will see the Doctor’s Building, which is 2425 Bloor Street West. That’s Dr. Fielding’s office building.

It sounds little confusing but it is very easy ride. Trust Me. And people in Toronto are very helpful. So if you feel like lost while changing stations, ask someone. They will be glad to help you.

Total time, I would say about 25-30 min from Union Station. But leave extra time as you are traveling first time. Train runs every other minute.

Also, here's the TTC subway map, which will be really helpful to you.

http://www.toronto.ca/ttc/pdf/subway_rt.pdf

One-way ride will Cost you $2.75
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 06:29:48 AM by tata3401 »
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
If you are not staying in Toronto and going to Dr. JCF straight from Greyhound bus stop here's the route:

1.      From Greyhound Main Downtown Bus Stop, which is 610 Bay Street, go towards Dundas St. (1/2 min walk)

2.      On Dundas - Go Left (East side) to Young St. which is 1 block.

3.      On Yonge & Dundas (Eaton Center) take steps down for subway station. Steps are on Northwest corner of Yonge & Dundas. (Ask anyone).

4.      Take northbound train going towards Finch subway.

5.      After Dundas, 3rd stop is Bloor Station. Get off at Bloor station.

6.      To thing make real easy, MAKE SURE TO SIT in 1st CAR in the train going towards Bloor. So when you get down to Bloor, just in front of your door, you will see stairs going down (you will see lots of people going down to catch another train). This is next to Book Store or Convenient store.

7.      Once you get down, take a train going West towards KIPLING SUBWAY. Please ask someone before you get on to this train else you will be lost.

8.      Once you are in KIPLING BOUND train, you will get off at Jane Street. (13th stop)

9.      On Jane Street, you got off the train and come to street level. When you get out of the station, go to your left side (South Side). That's Jane and Bloor Intersection.  It's again barely 50 steps.

On the intersection, on your opposite side of the street, you will see the medical building. That's Dr. Fielding's building.

Total time from Greyhound is about 30-40 minutes.

Also, here's the TTC subway map, which will be really helpful to you.

http://www.toronto.ca/ttc/pdf/subway_rt.pdf

One-way ride will Cost you $2.75
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 05:01:40 PM by tata3401 »

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Thanks a lot Give me Life, I'll use the subway.

Is Bay stop the right stop for the main bus station in TO (I'll take the bus to get back to MTL so I can avoid spending a night in TO) ? That would be one stop after St-George when I'm getting back from Fielding's office? Right?

Thanks again, it will be very helpfull for those who are coming from out of town.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Gman 99 :

If you are taking a Greyhound bus from Main Bus Terminal while going back, I would suggest instead of getting off at Bay, get off at Yonge (which is next stop and called Yonge/Bloor).

Come upstairs to next train level and take southbound train going towards Downsview (or Union) station. And get off at Dundas Station. And just a min walk from Dundas station to Greyhound Bus Stop which is at Dundas & Bay St. That's quick and fast.

TIPS : While coming back from Jane St., take 3rd car from end in the train and when you get off at Yonge/Bloor, take the first stairs you see. That will get you right on the southbound platform of the train.

See the direction from Greyhound Bus Stop for more detail.

Let me know still any question.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 04:59:23 PM by tata3401 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024