Author Topic: Surgery - Where do you start?  (Read 2864 times)

Offline sometimesuk

• Bronze Member
  • EXERCISE MACHINES - PUNISHMENT FOR EATING TOO MUCH
Hi guys,

I was wondering if you would be able to help me / point me in the right direction.

I have had quite a severe case of Gyne. Since I was about 12. I have decided that enough is enough and I want to do something about it.

It is simply affecting me physiological too much now, and is affect the way I want to live my life. I know I need to loss weight, which I’ll make sure I’ll do before surgery. (Before anyone says, Am sure losing weight would help, put from being slim, the case is server and looks like “Madonna’s cones”) anyway, the questions is:

If I want surgery what routes are available to me and how do I pursue them? I know there’s NHS (if your lucky) and Private.

The thing is, I think my GP is a woman and too be honest; I really don’t feel comfortable showing her my chest or talking to her about it. So I was wondering, how do you go private, and what’s the approximate cost?

I have a figure in my head of £3500. The thing is to make it worse I wont to move out, so this money would have to come from that fund.

Also how long would I have to take off work? Could I get away with it, during my fortnight summer holiday?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

londonman

I'm paying around 3800 for surgery + consultation and was told I can go back to work the next day (although it is a good idea to have a week off)

I'm seeing Mr Levick but there are others too

I'm sure your female GP would be understanding. You are just a patient to her and I'm sure it'll be fine. Pluck up the courage and see what she says!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 01:05:18 PM by londonman »

Offline Gyne22

Hi Mike

Like yourself im quite new to this site, the best thing i could recommend, is for to have a read around the site

I can brief you on a few points

Within the UK surgery (private) costs around £3655 + £100 initial consultation, and its with Mr levick in bham. This involves an overnight stay

The cheaper option is Polska / Poland, for this you need to fly to Berlin Germany and get a taxi to Sublice Poland.
From my Calculations this will cost around the £1500 mark A-Z including everything, the stay in the hosp is 1 night

Just a word of warning, with Poland, ive been keeping tabs on the poland message board and there have been a fair few people not happy with their surgery, and Poland is a long way to go for revision...

Another thing dont expect a body like Brad Pitt after surgery

Hope this helps

Offline Hate_It_37

• Posting Member
    • My Photos Here
Hi Mike,

I too was terrified to go to my GP, but I had to force myself to go and see about another medical problem which involved me taking my shirt off, so I decided to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I had been delaying this visit for a very long time, but I was getting far too concerned about the other thing.

When I got there I was seen by a female Doctor. I freaked a bit when I entered the room, but within a few moments of having my top off I resigned myself to the fact that it had to be done. She was fine, totally professional. You must realise that as a Doctor she/he will see all sorts through the course of their working day.

No matter which cousre you take in your quest to rid yourself of the moobs it is inevitable that you are going to have to show yourself to somebody sooner or later.

I'm hoping and guessing that it will get easier each time I have to do it, because each time I do, I am hopefully one step closer to getting rid of these things.

Just remember why you are doing this.

Good luck fella.

J.
How much money could I have saved on washing powder in 20 years if I only wore one shirt at a time? Probably could've paid for surgery lol.
See my pics here --> http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hate_it_37/my_photos <--See my pics here

Offline sometimesuk

• Bronze Member
  • EXERCISE MACHINES - PUNISHMENT FOR EATING TOO MUCH
Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. Just a couple of more questions:

This “Mr Levick” in Birmingham (?), I have seen his name pop up a couple of times on this board, is he meant to be the best in the country or something? Or is it because it’s just happens to be the nearest location to you all?

Also is he a private or NHS doctor?

To be honest, even though its doing my head in, I think I’ll end up waiting until I get my own place, as living at home is doing my head in more!!!

Guess it gives me time to start saving.

Also, when you go for checkup / consultation do you have to do the “cough please” thing, If so, I don’t know how much more embarrassing it could get!!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 03:00:48 AM by sometimesuk »

londonman

I didn't get the "cough please" thing.
He just squeezed my chest
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 07:37:46 AM by londonman »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024