Author Topic: Op friday nhs please read  (Read 2202 times)

Offline bs82

• Posting Member
I guys i've been a member a while now and ive been reading i finally went to my doctor a few months ago he referd me to the hospital were they took blood sample then i went for a scan everything was ok i then was referd to a surgeon who was very understanding the way he asked could he have a look he new i was so embarressed he is a breast surgeon and thats all he does i asked wether he sees a lot of this problem and he said hundreds of guys in recent times wich made me feel a lot better my head was in bits and i didnt ask any questions my gynecomastia isnt as bad as some pics ive seen on this site but it is worse than others i also have puffy nipples anyway i,m booked in friday coming but have to go in on the thursday and i,m absolutly scared shitless about the hole procedure especially the anasthetic please guys give me some support sat here typing this i feel like throwing up i,m that worried thanks bs82.

p.s sorry for my awful gramma.

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
nothing to worry bout mate
the anaesthtic is a doddle really.its very safe now and you wont even remember going under GA.if anything id worry bout wat your expectations are from the surgery.have you discussed with the surgeon wat your main issues are,scars etc etc.

dont worry about the GA.every1 here whos had the op are still here no probs.the op is only classed as major surgery as its under GA otherwise it can be done under Local and its not a serious operation at all.

Offline bs82

• Posting Member
You no pal all i want is to be able to wear a t- shirt in summer and for my nips to be flatter.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hiya,

Your post was yesterday (Saturday) so I guess you are having your op next Friday.  I’m sure all of those who have already had their ops, and all of us who are awaiting ours, are wishing you the very best.  Mine is due the Friday after yours.  I haven’t had a general anaesthetic since I was 6 which was 44 years ago, so yes I am anxious but I am also positive.  I see the operation as a means to an end.  If I keep looking beyond the day of my surgery all I see are positives.  The surgery to me is just a fence I have to jump to get to the other side, and jumping it is a whole lot better than sitting looking at it with these damn things still on my chest.

Good luck and see you on the other side.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline bs82

• Posting Member
Will my puffy nipples be flatter after surgery?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024