Author Topic: Finally Done!! (NHS)  (Read 3027 times)

Offline cozzo

• Posting Member
I am about 1 week post surgery..I had my surgery on the NHS, it too me approx 18 months from first seeing my GP till the actual surgery. I just had just lipo on both sides, although I only had some breast tissue on one side (it was mainly fat). The actual operation took approx 45 mins to 1hr. I had it done by a plastic surgeon. I never had any drains, this was because there wasnt alot of bleeding, I was given a compression vest ( well it was more of a tight strappping with velcro fastners). I had four incisions one near each armpit and one below each  nipple (like 2 inches below nipple). Its only been a week and I can hardly see them. I went to the hospital today and changed that velcro vest for some elasticated badages which feels much better and is real tight. My chest is looking flatter, but as the swelling goes down it will be totally down.

Any Questions feel free to ask

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
well done 18 months not bad :)
i advise you wear a compression of some sort (a vest is ideal)
for 1 month 24 hours a day
and another month after for 12 hours a day (during the day)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline nibbo19

hi i have a question if you dont mind. where did you get your op done because i am looking to have one done im kinda new to the site i see a lot of ppl goin on a about poland and nhs?

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
nhs is the free route but can take ages :(
if you got a spare £1500 (inc flights hotel and full board stay) and want it quick book poland.
I couldnt wait any longer im 38 years old and had this condition for too long.
So i went poland had them off and now happy :D
id reccomend Dr Baranski in poland 200%
Best thing i ever did, but hey if your a patient patient (pardon the pun) wait for free nhs :)
keep us up to date with what you choose to do matey
NotFedup :)

GynO_DuDe

Im just waiting for my surgery date on the NHS ... on the day I saw my surgeon I remember him and the nurse mentioning that if the date collided with any exams I had then dont worry about it I can just call in and they'd issue another date.

So I have a feeling that my surgery will be some time in april, may or june ....

That will be around 6-7-8 months wait if I get my surgery date at that time.

Glad everything went ok for you m8.

Can I ask, when you got your letter saying you have surgery on this date etc, did you get it like many months before the actual operation date or like a week before the date?

Offline cozzo

• Posting Member
When I got the letter, it was about three weeks before the date. It comes soo fast once you get the letter. They had me in at 0730 and my op wasnt even till 3.00pm. It wasnt a nice wait..trust me. So many things go through your mind. But its nothing really.

GynO_DuDe

Ahh right, cool, so around 3 weeks before .... sounds about right.

Yeah, I can imagine how the wait must of been!

I hope everything goes well for me and any one else doing it on the NHS.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024