Author Topic: surgery the day after tomorrow  (Read 3005 times)

Offline boombox2003

• :<
hey I'm 17  and I'm getting surgery finally the day after tomorrow  :D
and Ive been reading some of your stories  and i have to say which may annoy people  after an initial consultation with a doctor i had a surgical consultation and got put in for 3 week later  i was amazed with the speed  but i was sent away by a doctor the first time for 6 months  i will post in the diary section once I'm out from surgery

I'm so excited  I'm getting it done on NHS by a Dr Purser
he was so helpful and genuinely wants to help me

any questions or advice for post op would be greatly appriciated
:>

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
make sure you wear a compression vest for 1 month after surgery 24 hours a day and then for a further month during the day

so 2 months in full

congrats on getting through the system quickly :)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Good news there Boombox2003, we are all routing for you.

I would endorse what NotfedupGotNoMoobs says about the compression vest, except my surgeon advises his patients to have 4 weeks at 24/7 compression immediately following the op, and then 3 weeks at NIGHT only.  I really don’t know if it makes a difference if it is day or night but you might like to talk it over with your surgeon beforehand.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline boombox2003

• :<
thx for the advice  where would i get the compression vest from ?  do i have to buy my own   or will i get one on the nhs ?

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
theres a few places around the uk but try google

http://www.thesurgerystore.com/index.html

theres loads to choose from :)

and i doubt the nhs will provide them :(

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
hey I'm 17  and I'm getting surgery finally the day after tomorrow  
and Ive been reading some of your stories  and i have to say which may annoy people  after an initial consultation with a doctor i had a surgical consultation and got put in for 3 week later  i was amazed with the speed  but i was sent away by a doctor the first time for 6 months  i will post in the diary section once I'm out from surgery

Hi Boombox,
Congratulations!!! I don't think anyone will/would be annoyed!! i think everyone will be happy that you found a caring Doctor and your emotional suffering will soon be over!! Until some sl&g brakes your heart....lol!!!

Keep us all posted!!

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
should be back posting on here soon :)
i cant wait to hear how well he got on :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024