Author Topic: Done it!! No more gyne!  (Read 2998 times)

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Hi all...

Got back today, and have spent the last 3 days getting my gyne done with Mr Levick.....it took 3 days as I bled quite a bit, and therfore had to stay for 2 extra nights...

I will post a blow by blow account, and rather than go over the points made in other diaries, I will try and focus on things that I feel havnt been touched on in detail...

So...the results....

Its 4 days post op, chest is TOTALLY FLAT! I'm confidently walking around in a T shirt already(with compression vest but you cant see it!)......chest is more or less numb, and I think there is some build uo of fluid in the right side, which will need a quick return visit to Mr Levick...

I feel pretty good with regards to aches and pain, although I am a bit cautious about exerting myself...

Like I say, Iw ill post in full later on, but for those reading who are in 2 minds, I can assure you that by my preliminary results it is well worth doing....so far I am well chuffed..hopefully all the bruising etc will go down in time, and it will look spot on!!

A massive thank you to all on this board!!

Offline shaggy-dude

• Posting Member

Nice one..good to hear from you from the other side :D

Not so good you had the complications though :(...

hope everything works out well and settles down quick for you.

Did you get billed for the extra nights in the priory ? or is it inclusive, Mr levick just said "if everything is ok you go, if I'm not happy then you stay"

hope you have a Speedy recovery
sorted by the "levickmeister" april 14th 2005
pics here
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EeAN2jdw0ctHDiY

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
A couple of nurses told me that there was no charge if the doc felt is was necessary for medical reasons, which it was.....I assume that there is no charge,.....none was mentioned.....if they do charge me...i shall faint! I struggled to afford the op....

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Well done mate, i glad for you  ;D
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline serg

• Silver Member
Good one mate! Here's to the other side!

serg

Offline I-Hate-Gyno

• Bronze Member
  • I am getting PEC's one day
   Good luck :). I hope post op all goes well  for you York.....

I-H-G
$1000 saved
$4500 needed for "freedom!"(vaio mb.).

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
  • Gyne removed by Mr Levick 2nd Feb 05
    • Before and After Surgery Pics
Nice one Yorkshireman.  you have come through the other side.  It would be interesting hearing your story.  Can't wait for the first instalment.

Congrats

Chorlton

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024