Author Topic: Some post op Q's....  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Im now 4 days post op....and I have the following Q's...

Mr Levick told me to contact him or my local GP if I get a build up of fluid....

1.My right side is sligtly more 'wobbly/mobile' than the left and does appear to have fluid in it..is this normal, or will it need taking out via needle?

2. I'm not planning on doing any weight training for at least 4 weeks....however Im wondering if I can train other body parts, other than chest..ie arms/shoulders/legs(Im sure there wont be any probs doing legs!)...any advice please!

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Give Levick a call and explain the situation to him, i thought i had fluid build up also but didnt.  Id wait until you take the bandages of first and see whats up. If it is a lot of fluid then yea it would be a needle job.

Personally I wouldnt train upper body at all for 4 weeks but thats me erring on the side of caution.  I started cardio training about 10 days after the op and im starting back on weights tomorrow, 32 days after op. I felt i could do weights last week but i didnt want to risk an injury for the sake of a few days.
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline randomtask

• Posting Member
I also think I have some fluid build up on my left side, this is the side that the drain came out early on. I can feel it squelching when i press on it, if that makes sense, like theres liquid moving about. Also the right side does not have this characteristic. I am only 2 days post op so will wait till Friday when the bandages come off.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Randomtask

I felt like that too but once i took the bandages of i found it wasnt.  THats not to say you dont have fluid build up but you might not.  I think the mind pplays tricks on you sometimes.  I was paranoid at everything in the first week.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024