Author Topic: a very scared guy...  (Read 5208 times)

Offline brian2006

• Posting Member
Hi I'm 19 and have mild gyne, and about a year ago I had a consultation with my local surgeon and everything was set and ready for me to go under the knife, but I pussied out at the last minute through fear of it going wrong and/or coming back after the op, and ending up worse than I was when I started, with a big 4000 grand shaped hole in my bank account. I hate this thing, it ruins your life as I'm sure everyone will agree, but I'm too scared to get the op cos I don't want it to be any worse. It's a lose lose situation. Any advice from the veterans of this site will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
mate,

you gotta get it done if it bothers you that much , start saving up again .

i had mine done and yes i was worried i wouldnt come out of the anaesthetic (twice ) its just human nature.

its not a lose lose situation , you'll have a flat chest ,it might not be perfect (mines far from perfect ,but its flat!)

one other thing ,i was 34 when i had the surgery ,what i would give to have got rid of it at 19.

you know it makes sense .

good luck.

p.s do you mean you lost the £4000 from the cancelation of that first op or have i misread that?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 07:48:51 PM by uk_bloke »

Offline man-chest-r

• Bronze Member
Matt, I would endorse uk_bloke. I put it off till my late 40s. My surgeon said I should have had it done 20 years ago, he was right.

Like you, I had real fears about the knife and the anasthetic. But, it was just going to sleep and waking up, is now over. And the younger you are, the safer it is.  You have been incredibly brave, braver than me, confronting the gynecomastia itself.  Keep going pal. And, it cost me £2500, see my postings elsewhere for my progress to date .... Will keep posting to let you know if it turns out to have been value for money.

Offline Ross_Mk2

• Posting Member
Hi I'm 19 and have mild gyne, and about a year ago I had a consultation with my local surgeon and everything was set and ready for me to go under the knife, but I pussied out at the last minute through fear of it going wrong and/or coming back after the op, and ending up worse than I was when I started, with a big 4000 grand shaped hole in my bank account. I hate this thing, it ruins your life as I'm sure everyone will agree, but I'm too scared to get the op cos I don't want it to be any worse. It's a lose lose situation. Any advice from the veterans of this site will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

Dude, i'm in exactly the same boat as you! I have my papers (that password you get sent out in the post) to phone the NHS to have a consultation with a local surgeon, i'm not so bothered about getting it done, more so that everything serious i have/ do doesn't always go to plan and somethings always not right! I don't want that to be the case with an op, Poland sounds great to me but again its money and then acctually getting my ar$e in gear!

Offline brian2006

• Posting Member
uk_bloke, I just meant that if I got it got it done, and the gyne came back after a year or so, it would be a depressing waste of £4000

Thanks for the words of advice, they really help. I think I'm on the borderline because its only mild and I can deal with it sometimes, but its still noticeable. Enough to bother me and consider surgery. Its a bit of a up and down cycle. I might go for the surgery next summer, any recommendations for surgeons? NHS? Poland?

Thanks again for the kind words

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Get some blood work done with an endocrinologist first, to make sure there's no real health issue that caused it.  Then find a good surgeon that will excise the gland and maybe do some lipo to shape it up.

Don't worry so much.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline bfg2000

• Posting Member
Hi Brian2006

I've had moobs ever since I can remember, probably since pubarty when I started to put on what my Mum called puppy fat. Every holiday during my teens I'd NEVER take off my t-shirt, and event went swimming in it (which is odd as the t-shirt sticks to you when wet!). Then even in adult life I have very rarely removed my t-shirt on the beach. This condition overtakes your life, I agree and sympathise with you. I'm 33 now and wish that I'd had the oppourtunity sooner to sort this out. My op is booked with Mr Levick in February and I simply can't wait now. The prospect of having a flat chest and being able to wear t-shirts or not, and not to look into every window to see how fat my moobs look is something that I can't wait for.

I know that it will take months to settle and that I have to be patient - i've waited 20 years, another 6 months isn't going to hurt.

I echo the comments here, get your bloods done, and if its effecting you so  much (as it has me), then go for it.

Good luck mate.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
hi fella
im 38 and in october i went to Poland for my op
after having been messed about for a short perion by the nhs i said sod it and booked poland
i was worried and scared but i felt stupid when i woke up and it was all over withoput any problems.
The thing is that i am double your age and i wish id have had the op when i was your age.
your a young man and my guess is your ashamed to take your shirt off in the hot weather.
well me im an old middle aged fella and this summer my shirts going to be off all summer :D
and now i go swimming twice a week everyu week :D
so dont waste your ligfe worrying about yopur moobs
get rid
be it uk surgeon or poland or spain
as Nike says in there advbert "Just Do iT"
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline brian2006

• Posting Member
words like that do really help thankyou :) I just need to get over the fear factor to be able to do it. I'm just scared of it going wrong really and i come out with a lumpy/swollen/uneven chest, as many ppl on this site have complained about

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i just posted this on another thread

just repeat to yourself the following, it should help:

terrified is normal...
terrified is normal...
terrified is normal...

;)
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline irishguy

• Posting Member
Anyone know if the Poland surgeons operate on patients under 18?

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
i imagine poland surgeons will operate on children should the cash be there :)

but 1st get your hormones checked to make sure everythings ok there

ask your quack for a blood test and tell him what its for :)

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Bro, get the surgery. I'm 32 and just got it done. I wish I would have done this at your age. Back then , they didn't have any support groups for this kind of thing. I thought the way I looked was the way I was gonna stay. It ruined my attitude towards life and made my depressed through the years. Get the surgery and start enjoying life. It's totally different life when you get rid of the moobs. You will be happier, trust me!! Good luck, and it's worth every penny. If the surgery was $30,000, I would take out a loan and get it done.. :D

Offline HarryO

• Posting Member

I think that's an unfair comment re: the ethics of the polish surgons in all fairness.

Maybe it was a joke.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
basically stating a fact that if the person has a condition then Polish Surgeons would see it fit to operate wheras the Uk Surgeons would shy away.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024