Author Topic: Anything worth taking to reduce swelling/bruising?  (Read 3023 times)

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
(sorry guys, still on my paranoia trip)

What can I take to asist in the healing process, in terms of natural remedies?

I am currently taking those little arnice tablets(homeopathic )....is there anything else worth taking /using to assist in the healing process?

Cheers!

Offline blondlad

• Posting Member
A doctor friend of mine suggest ibuprofen for a week after the op. It seemed to help me. Most of the swelling had gone within the week. Now 5 weeks post op most of the bruising has gone. Been back at the gym for the last week and that seems to be helping me regain some shape I’m a bit lop-sided just hope that will sort its self out with time!!

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Ibuprofen eh?....Im temtped to try it, but I note that one of the potential side effects is bleeding, which is something I dread to start!

Does anyone else have any experiences of ibuprofen?..or indeed anything else?

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
yorkshireman,

i alternated between ibuprofen and paracetamol the week after surgery just for painkillers ,i was told to do this by the hospital so i cant see a problem with trying it .
as for the bruising ,it'll mostly be gone in three weeks , so as long as your taking your arnica you'll be ok.

seems to me to be a waste of money buying extra medication, youve just got to let your body do its thing

paul.

Offline Seattle000

• Bronze Member
I was told explicitly by my doctor that I shouldn't be taking Ibuprofen before and after the surgery.

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Seattle, what was the reason given, if any? Ibuprofen is an anti inflammatory/pain relif drug...

Offline Seattle000

• Bronze Member
She didn't give me a reason - just told me not to take it (nor any other pain killers other than Tylenol). She also gave me a long list of other things that I wasn't supposed to take before and after (including several herbs)

Offline Seattle000

• Bronze Member
Before you use it double check that it's ok to use after your type of surgery (call your surgeon and ask first). I've seen some nasty cases described on this board where people used some weird medicine without thoroughly researching it and it caused complications.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024